“Amazing pulled chicken”

Real Urban Barbecue
Ranked #19 of 90 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 10 August 2016

It is rare to find a place that has pulled chicken on the menu, let alone have it be as good as this! Order it with the slaw on top and there is no need for a bun, you'll need a fork instead. This was hands down the best pulled chicken that I've ever had and that includes places down South that 'specialize' in BBQ. The choices for sauce (or no sauce at all) will delight anyone. My husband had the brisket burnt ends and said it was great as well. They have a great selection of unique drinks and desserts and the mac n cheese was fantastic too. I'm very glad this place came up on Google Maps as we were driving home from WI, we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Came here a few weeks ago after going swimming with the family. Very happy that we did. Casual spot that serves a wide variety of BBQ and sides. Tried the 3 meat combo and the fish tacos. Ribs, brisket, burnt ends were all very good. Sides also were very good. Fish tacos were solid and a good deal considering they were only about $10. Very reasonable prices for BBQ and excellent food. Staff also very friendly

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I wish I could cook ribs as well as they do in restaurants, but I can't. Luckily, I've found a place that makes bbq that is perfection. The ribs are meaty and fall off the bone. The sauce is sweet and tangy. The brisket and burnt ends are excellent. I've tried most of the side dishes, and they too are great.

The food is served cafeteria style. It's very casual. No one will notice your have bbq sauce all over your face, because they do too. It's not fine dining, it's just great food.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I've been to this restaurant several times this past year & have found their St. Louis ribs to be very tasty, almost melt-in-your-mouth succulent . I've tried their baby back ribs, but the St. Louis ribs have much more meat on them than the baby backs. I've also learned to order the ribs, "Medium," otherwise the ribs are too well done, charred & burnt. When I went there today to order a take-out, the place was completely filled with sit-down customers. Obviously, a lot more people than myself enjoy their ribs. Real Urban BBQ has one of the best barbecues in the Chicago area. Give them a try - I guarantee you'll love their ribs!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

I'm a fan of bbq and this was very tasty. They have a lot of options. I had burnt ends and pork. The sides are almost as good as the meat, had cornbread and mashed potatoes. Can't wait to go back to try everything else.