“Really good food”

Stir Crazy Cafe
Ranked #25 of 92 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Asian, Healthy
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The food we had was excellent. Went with the create your own stir crazy wok meal "Fresh Market". Choose the protein (chicken, shrimp, tofu, etc.) and a noodle or rice - then you pick your ingredients and add to the bowl. Pick a sauce (mild traditional to teriyaki to spicy thai) and the chef prepares your stir fry. They had other menu items as well and, I think I saw some oriental tacos. Overall the restaurant (the photos someone posted are good) was OK - floor was a bit sticky in places and gave me pause on a 5 star rating. Bathrooms were clean and fresh smelling. Wait staff was a bit slow on a water refill and getting chopsticks (which should have been offered right away). For 3 adults eating the wok meal it was just under $56.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Asian Fusion is still in, but they got it right to a certain degree.

The sushi is very nicely presented and taste is super great, the spicy tuna and California roll is very good.

The appetizers can be great too. What not to get- kung pao spaghetti, maybe go back, but not for long time.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I really enjoyed picking out what I wanted to be included in my stir fry; it was really good and alot of food. I selected the one with chicken, beef & shrimp. I was a little disappointed in the quality of the meat; it was just average. Next time I will just get all veggie!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I used to love this restaurant. We go at least couple times a year. I loved the food. This time it barely made average. I had to ask to have some veggies replaced on the market bar cause they were empty. The food was just missing something. Way to much rice to veggie meat combo and it wasn't as tasty - why? Also I think the price for 3 small crab ragoons was too much. The waitress was nice enough, but we sure didn't see enough of her. We asked for boxes for leftovers but my husband had to go to the front desk to get a bag. I'll give them another chance cause I loved their food. But There's plenty of restaurants in Oak Brook I'm willing to try if it doesn't work out. I hate being disappointed.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Maria K
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We were staying at a local hotel so visited the mall for dinner. There was an hour waiting at the first 2 places we tried, Stir Crazy had no wait...I should have considered that before sitting down. Our service was terrible. We only saw our waitress when we ordered and she brought our drinks which I asked for 2 kids drinks and she brought in large glass open glasses. When I asked she said she couldn't find the kids cups...but other kids were getting them around us...I then went back out to the car for our sippie cups because I couldn't relax with my 3 year old drinking from a large glass. Then someone else dropped off our food, which was wrong but no one ever came back to refill our drinks or check on us so we just ate it. After about 20-25 minutes of being done eating and still our waitress never returning, another waiter came to ask us if he could help us and I asked for the check and handed him my card, upon checking my receipt it was off by charging for those 2 drinks instead of the free kids meals ones (and we never even got the ice cream that was supposed to come with the kids meal since no one ever came back to our table) but we were so frustrated we just paid the extra money to leave asap. I honestly wondered if our waitress quit or something. I will never go back.

Date of visit: February 2017