“Relaxing restaurant retreat on a Saturday afternoon”
Review of LaBarra Ristorante

LaBarra Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
LaBarra Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 91 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I'd heard about this place but had never been until this past Saturday. What a treat! If you can't find something to satisfy your craving from their selections - you won't find it elsewhere. Options range from salads and sandwiches to great burgers and a selection of entrees. Ask questions before ordering (I did) and you'll get no surprises and your order just as you want it. Friendly staff made it a nice place to spend the afternoon with a friend. We lingered for coffee and had the most incredible mochas ever. Bakery offerings are an enticing add on. Come for a meal or a coffee - this is a great place for either or both!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Everything on the menu is amazing! Eggs are fresh, coffee is great and the sausage links melt in your mouth.

Turtle cheesecake is amazing!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We love dining here! Good food and service all the time. Love their organic lemongrass tea and sandwiches

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I had fond memories of this restaurant and bakery, but this visit left a bad taste in all of our mouths. I planned a dinner here because it looked like a great option esp. because it was close to our hotel. The place was packed at 6pm, and the man who took my large order was very helpful and friendly. But that's where the nuck stops! After we managed to find a large enough table in the chaos, our order took a while. That was understandable as it was busy and we were a party of 6! I was highly disappointed in the margherita pizza I ordered, the memory of it was completely different and less greasy and no parmesan sprinkles as I read there was none added. It tasted buttery and salty. My daughter the bday girl ordered the steak, with asparagus and steak fries that were actual potato wedges with no flavor or seasoning. The steak was too salty and it was the most expensive dish but definitely not worth it as she could not finish the small portion. The servers and service was really lacking. We received 1 napkin each and had to track a server for more and they must have had a shortage of napkins because we received 3 extra. I literally had to hunt for more they are not readily available, I went all the way to the bar and requested a big stack. Also, the dessert was not great, the raspberry chocolate bars were not tasty the girls jyst picked off the berries! It would opt for a full service dining experience over this especially considering the price. We did get the gelato and the girls seemed to enjoy that! Out of 6 meals only 3 packed their food, the rest left mostly not eaten plates. Labriola has declined in quality and service that I remember from a few years back! I'd say skip it.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Tried to grab a few sandwiches before a movie. We timed it (or we thought we did) to arrive in between breakfast and lunch to avoid the typically long wait times. We ordered to go three very simple sandwiches off the menu; one hot and 2 cold. All we changed were the condiments! What a mistake. There was NO ONE in line @ time of ordering 25 minutes later tons of people, my order lost? forgotten? Four attempts to track and I got these glossy eyed stares. Finally being impatient and aware I might miss the start of the movie, I asked for the sandwiches or my money back. For 3 sandwiches my bill was over $40 (I think it was a huge mistake) and when we opened them the bread was not correct, the amount of "stuff" on the sandwich was blah and I think the accompanying chips etc were from days before. What a mess.