“Great place to eat in Chicago”
Review of LaBarra Ristorante

LaBarra Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
LaBarra Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Service was excellent, very short wait time, location was great. I Was told to order the Pizza, but they only sell it whole and I was by myself so I ordered the Lobster Linguini with Mussels, It was very good, I am not a huge italian food connoisseur so take my food rating lightly. Staff and atmosphere were perfect.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank KonaLance

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

My family and I were in town for a vacation on Mothers Day weekend without reservation and needed a place to take Mom. This cafe bakery is more than just a sandwich shop. The burgers, salads, sub- sandwich and pizza are very good. In my opinion they actually take it up one level higher that the other chain bakery/bread shops. I had an Italian sub that was quite tasty. Though it could have used a little more meat to compete with the subs I am used to in NJ or NY. My daughter had nice Salad made with a nice spring salad mix, no iceberg lettuce that I could see. My other daughter had a burger cooked just the way she likes it, med rare. It was gone before I could ask for a bite. The burger came with a hefty amount of crispy French fries, which were actually quite good. It seemed like they might have been fried twice. My wife had a beef dip sandwich, that was good but nothing to write home about. It came with a tiny side salad which was a nice addition.

One important note is that you order your lunch at the counter, get a number, find a table to sit at and then put your number in the holder and the staff will bring out the food. Also there is more parking in back of the restaurant when the parking lot in front is full.

This is a casual but spirited restaurant, at least when we were there, it is not a quiet place to eat when it is busy.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank ROCKAWAYOKA
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We went here 3 different times during our hockey tournament. 2 lunches and one dinner. Each time the food and service were very good. The prices are a tad high, but the quality of the food matches the price. Good portions as well. I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Having a very busy evening service is a sign that things should be great, one would think. Service was spotty and the meal was less than tasty. I had a chicken parmesan sandwich with fries. The chicken was cut so terribly thin on the sandwich that they overcooked it and it was dry. The sauce was barely there and was tasteless and the bread was too hard to eat. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We visited early on a Sunday morning, so it was not busy. Lots of menu choices. I got the Toad in the Hole, which was tasty and a LOT of food. A bit greasy though. My husband got eggs, ham, potatoes and pancakes. We decided we should have split one item. Great coffee and good service.

Date of visit: April 2017