“Breakfast at a busy time”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Egg & I O'Fallon, Illinois breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

After the food finally arrived mine needed to be warmed over but it was tasty and good portions. My biggest complaint was it took over 35 mins from being seated to get the food. Breakfast. Really wanted breakfast not brunch

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for stopping by! We appreciate your feedback on the slow service and will be sure to address this with the management team. We hope you give us the chance to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Good food cooked well. Great service and decent selection. It's a little pricey but good value. I would go back again.

Thanks for stopping by, Marion. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Today was my first time at The Egg & I. I was not impressed, when we got there the hostess told us 5 minutes and it took us about 30 minutes to be seated. The hostess was not friendly. While we were waiting we kept seeing people come in and they would seat them ahead of us, when we asked the hostesss said it's because they called ahead. When we did get seated I had the eggs benedict and they were only average they made them with ham rather than Canadian bacon and the eggs were a little undercooked the sides that they had to offer were limited they had a breakfast potato cooked in butter and onions not my liking.
The area around the cash register is extremely congested I'm kind of surprised the O'Fallon Fire Department allows that to go on, you have to push your way to the cash register just to pay to leave.... I won't be back

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for stopping in. It is our goal to WOW each and every guest that visits us, so I am saddened to hear this wasn’t the case with you. We do hope you give us another chance in the future to do just that.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a delicious place for breakfast or brunch. Don’t get me wrong if you go there on the weekend you’re definitely going to have to wait but all in all they are pretty quick at getting you seated. Their food is delicious and their ranch potatoes and biscuits and gravy are killer! We love going there and we also love the staff.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review, Nichole! We're thrilled to hear you enjoy breakfast with us. Can't wait to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here for breakfast. The service was good were excellent. I had the classic breakfast with a waffle and my wife had a skillet both were great. The coffee is very good as well we will
Definitely be back

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Wow, thanks for the great review! We're thrilled to hear you and your wife enjoyed breakfast with us. Can't wait to see you again soon!