“Small, but to the higher side of average”
Review of Penny's Noodles

Penny's Noodles
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Northfield
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 11 September 2018

To be PNS Noddle Shop or Penny's Noodles, that is the question? And it depends on who you ask. All I can say is that the sign says PNS Noodle Shop, along with the website, but we had a hard time getting a straight answer from our server. We found the answer in the website and PNS Noodle Shop which used to be Penny's Noodles from Wrigleyville is also located in Northfield in a medium-sized strip mall area, but it is a smaller store. We ordered an appetizer of crab Rangoon, along with an order of Pad Thai. Everything was good. The prices were reasonable. The staff was efficient.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I love this little place for lunch! The food tastes extra fresh, and seems healthier than other options. I always get the same chicken curry dish because it's amazing. Basic atmosphere, a little tight, but worth it.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Always looking for good Asian food. This place wasn't so good. Haven't been back and probably never will.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

We carried out (there is a smallish dining area though). The Thai spring rolls were great but there's nothing much to them so hard to mess up. Everything else was so-so including lard nar. Gyoza weren't crisp. Gai Kra Praow (minced chicken over rice); the sauce was too spicy. May go back to try a soup bowl, but there are much better places now.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My favorite noodle shop. Love their spicy hot noodles. I usually have them with the tofu but they are also good with the shrimp. Another favorite lunch is a bowl of the Tom Ka Kai soup and an order of the crispy rolls. Unfortunately on my most recent visit the soup had to be sent back to be warmed up.

I used to work almost next door to this location and had lunch here at least once a week. Our office moved a few years ago and I crave this place all the time!