Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$156
Renaissance Hotels$148
Hotels.com$156
Priceline
Travelocity$156
travelup.com$178
All reviews ruth chris front desk staff nice hotel free parking night's sleep lobby chicago
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

We did not receive keys to our room for 5 hours because “the system was down.” (A Hotel employee did let us up to our room at first.) The room is dingy and the decor is 20 years outdated. There was one bar of soap, no bottled water, no food on the concierge floor. When I called to ask, I was told there was no food in the hotel. I said why? The answer was there has been no food since Covid. Hmmm. Many restaurants have struggled on since Covid, able to serve coffee to their guests.
The wood floor has weak areas like your foot is going to go through the floor into the next room below. This place would be fine for a motel six. It is not a Renaissance. Do not come here.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank profmom57
Sunny Finnell, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Dear profmom57,

I apologize for our shortcomings during your stay and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. One of the main ways we improve is by receiving feedback from our valued guests. I thank you for your business and assure you that these comments are being addressed on our end. We hope you will consider a return trip should your travels bring you back to Northbrook.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

I was here for two days for a local wedding.

The rooms are fine until you try to go to sleep. The walls are paper thin, and you can hear everything the person next door is saying or watching on television.

It probably didnt help that they were having a party until 2 or 3 am. I called 4 times to the hotel and they took an hour to send someone up to say something. After that, they continued talking but at a much lower level for another hour. Giving me very little sleep that night. BTW you could hear everyone in the hallway as well.

There are no amenities at the hotel, so no breakfast and they didnt provide any service at all such as cleaning the room during the time we were there.

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank weiweidog
Sunny Finnell, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

Dear weiweidog,

I’m sorry to hear that noise pollution interrupted the comfort of your stay. Your comfort is our highest priority and I regret that we left you less than completely satisfied. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed 13 July 2021 via mobile

The room upgrades are very nice... but the staff is having a very hard time keeping up with the quality. I encountered 2 staff members who were pleasant and helpful but MANY others who were not. I made a request for service in my room and it was not honored but marked as completed, twice. And when I brought it to a staff member's attention they brushed it off as if it was not an issue. And as a Bonvoy member, I really don't feel I should have been treated or addressed in such a manner. My bed had STAINS, the floors in the bathroom were not clean! And as some one who understand short staffing and shortages I do bring my own cleaning supplies but it's not to deep clean a room I am entering. Also if my request is for my health and safety I think it should have been handled differently. Also, the police were called to the establishment about 3 or more times for rowdy and disruptive guests who spilled alcohol and other fluids in the elevators (going to club level floors). This was an unsettling sight for me, my partner and family members who were esteemed guests staying at the hotel for a local event.
I wish I could write a better review but I can't. And from what I understand I have family members with similar complaints about cleanliness in their room as well which are true HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS!

For the wonderful people I did encounter I thank you kindly and I understand that your job is not easy. I hope that through this review there will be some change.

Room tip: Be sure to check your room thoroughly!! If you want to sight see in the city be mindful of distance, traffic can hold you up, plan ahead.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank imanit_23
Sunny Finnell, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2021

Dear imanit_23,

I'm very sorry that we disappointed you with both our accommodations and service. Fresh accommodations and warm hospitality are our business, so I regret that we let you down. Your time in sharing candid feedback is appreciated and reviewed by us to continually foster improvements. For this reason, we hope that you might consider a return visit. We'd love another opportunity to show you that we care about you and your stay.

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

STAY LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE IN CHICAGO. We booked this hotel for our wedding night (dumb I know), and upon arrival were told that they had actually “overbooked” the hotel, and given away our room- which they said was company policy, just like airlines! They attempted to “walk” us to a room at another hotel (which also had no availability), and then asked if we had any friends or family in the area we could stay with. They didn’t even pay for our uber from the hotel, but don’t worry!!! They said they would totally reimburse us for the room we didn’t get to stay in. Honestly not only the worst hotel experience I’ve ever had, but one of the worst life experiences I’ve had.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brentg627
General Manager, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear brentg627,

We sincerely regret your experience; it is never our intent to relocate a guest. I'm sorry we disappointed you. Our inventory changes by the minute due to guests extending their stays, rooms going out of order for maintenance issues, etc. We strive to provide comfort and sincere hospitality to all our guests and we clearly missed our goal. We have been in contact with you regarding your review and hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2021

We found the hotel comfortable, well-situated, and good value. They were extremely busy with wedding parties, but made time to ensure that or stay was enjoyable. The bed was super comfortable and the shower perfect!

Room tip: Ask for higher floor to avoid traffic.
Date of stay: May 2021
General Manager, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear S2026LPbarbaraw,

Thank you for sharing your kind review with us and other travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed our accommodations and friendly service. It's encouraging to hear that our hard work is affecting the guest experience. Please visit us again upon your return to the area.

Best,