Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$148
Hotels.com$148
Traveluro
CrownePlaza.com$148
Priceline$148
Hurb$154
All reviews outdoor pool front desk within a mile radius shuttle conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2020

My husband and I stayed here for our recent anniversary weekend. We had a great experience but there were a few things that we noticed that could've been better.
The hallway leading from door 6 always seemed to have trash. The elevators were very small and hot. The hallway on our floor was sweltering (6th floor). Can use a TV channel guide in the rooms and free breakfast.
Other than that, the beds were amazingly comfortable. Loved the pool and patio area. They cleaned it often and made sure people were adhering to the "no glass" and social distancing rules. Everything felt clean and sanitized. The staff was very helpful when we needed more towels and the trash taken from our room. They didn't come inside our room but they removed it when we placed it outside the door. We got some great sleep too! Loved the lighting in the bathroom. All of the staff wore masks when around guests.

Room tip: Get chairs at the pool early
Date of stay: July 2020
Jason Hager, Owner at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2020

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback! We appreciate you spending your anniversary weekend with us! Thank you for your review and for the feedback on your stay - we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 25 October 2019

I was very pleased with this hotel, in general. Everything was clean, the staff was nice, and the water pressure in the showers was AMAZING.

Only two complaints, and they're minor:

1. The layout of the hotel is a little weird, so you could end up going to an elevator that doesn't go to your floor and there's no sign (that I saw) that warned you of this.
2. In some places, the hotel is showing its age -- especially in the bathroom in my room. A little spruce-up wouldn't hurt.

I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2019

Thank you very much for your comments - we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 October 2019

We spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza as part of a reunion event. Check-in was fine until I tried to find the elevator. I asked the desk clerk and she said turn and go down the hall. I couldn't figure out which hallway to turn into. Then I came to the elevators for the meeting rooms which did not go up to my floor. I asked three times before I finally found the elevator. A map and more signage would certainly help this situation.
Our room was nice and we had no complaints. We were disappointed there was no indoor pool or hot tub. The outdoor pool looked nice but we did not have nice weather. Considering how many months Illinois is cold, this doesn't seem like a very wise choice.
The meeting room and food were very good for our dinner and dance.
Breakfast was included with our room. Note this is not always the case. The breakfast buffet was very good with fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. and we even had a waitier who brought us coffee and juice.
I expected more from a Crowne Plaza. We would probably not choose to stay here again unless it was for a meeting.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank DIVESD
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2019

Thank you for your feedback and your business - we appreciate your comments and do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

This property is very dated all guest rooms are old with that old odor in their rooms and through the property. Property is renovating but only public area , not their guest rooms. So if you ask for an upgraded room - they don’t have one. If you are a member of some kind you will get their presidential suite but it doesn’t feel fancy at all. I am attaching few images from this suite. 1. An image of the lamp that is from 1800 design , lampshade is dusty, dirty and crooked. 2. The note pad- there are no notes on there from a previous guest but someone before me rested their drink on it and note pad is not new. 3. Sheets! They are so wrinkled like someone slept in them before me.

Also their front desk people are not friendly at all, there is no uniform , people look like they were just home cleaning and then came to work. Not professional and at times rude. They do not greet or say thank you, isn’t this a hotels first impression -their front desk staff?

You guys are located in American Hotels ( suppler) backyard why don’t you have extra toothbrushes at your front desk? They have them in stock today.

Thanks!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback - we are renovating and are very excited about our changes! All of our guestrooms and public areas are changing. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced and appreciate you staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2019

The good stuff: I am top tier with IHG so they gave me an upgrade - to the biggest suite I will ever stay in, even if I am the President one day! Two full bathrooms, a jacuzzi jetted tub, a four poster bed, a huge living room with a boardroom table, I could go on and on. To the staff: thank you for recognizing my status and for caring. I found the staff to be really friendly. The WiFi was pretty good. Easy, free parking. The gym was pretty good actually (although it's not signposted from reception). The outdoor pool looked really good, and there was a Tiki bar next to the pool but it wasn't open while I was there (in the heat of July). The indoor bar looked OK. The hotel is in a nice area, yet close to ORD. The AC unit was great; a low constant hum.

The not so good stuff: they are about to refurbish the place according to a sign, and that's a good thing because it's a bit dated. The whole restaurant area felt desolate and lonely, so I didn't eat there and instead I ate at the Hilton's restaurant over the road.

I will definitely stay again because it's an 18 minute drive from ORD airport, and there's no need to take the toll road (back roads will get you there).

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Terry H
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Thank you so much for your great comments and feedback! We are excited you enjoyed your time with us and we are pleased to share that our lobby dining room and bar are all getting a complete renovation over the next few months - we are very excited! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!