Lowest prices for your stay
$116
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
$121
Free cancellation until 21/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$114
Free cancellation until 20/08/22
Priceline$121
CrownePlaza.com$121
getaroom.com$126
All reviews outdoor pool front desk within a mile radius shuttle conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2019

The good stuff: I am top tier with IHG so they gave me an upgrade - to the biggest suite I will ever stay in, even if I am the President one day! Two full bathrooms, a jacuzzi jetted tub, a four poster bed, a huge living room with a boardroom table, I could go on and on. To the staff: thank you for recognizing my status and for caring. I found the staff to be really friendly. The WiFi was pretty good. Easy, free parking. The gym was pretty good actually (although it's not signposted from reception). The outdoor pool looked really good, and there was a Tiki bar next to the pool but it wasn't open while I was there (in the heat of July). The indoor bar looked OK. The hotel is in a nice area, yet close to ORD. The AC unit was great; a low constant hum.

The not so good stuff: they are about to refurbish the place according to a sign, and that's a good thing because it's a bit dated. The whole restaurant area felt desolate and lonely, so I didn't eat there and instead I ate at the Hilton's restaurant over the road.

I will definitely stay again because it's an 18 minute drive from ORD airport, and there's no need to take the toll road (back roads will get you there).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Terry H
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2019

Thank you so much for your great comments and feedback! We are excited you enjoyed your time with us and we are pleased to share that our lobby dining room and bar are all getting a complete renovation over the next few months - we are very excited! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2019

First of all the star rating is too high for this hotel. It should be a 2 1/2 star max (maybe red roof inn quality). Several years ago it was probably a very nice hotel but it no longer is.
Why was it unsafe? The back “security” door is not secure and doesn’t need the key card to open. Several people like to hang out back in this area and smoke. These are probably guests but literally anyone could walk in off the street and enter the hotel.
Second the elevators are very small. My daughters in particular did not enjoy strangers pressed up against them in the tiny car. I recommend do not get on if anyone else is already in the car. However if someone gets on later you’re going to get to know them much better than you will want to.
Also the staff at check in were not welcoming. Granted it was very busy but it doesn’t take much effort to smile or be friendly to a polite customer.
Water pressure was described as “someone pouring a Dixie cup on my head” by one of my kids. There was no cold water. Only very warm and hot. Not good.
Finally I have never been to a hotel that doesn’t offer complimentary coffee to guests in the lobby. Nope. Have to pay for the breakfast buffet to get a morning coffee.
Finally the sofa hide a bed was stained, dirty and unpleasant. My kids preferred to sleep on pool floatation mats instead and I don’t blame them.
On the upside it was relatively inexpensive and mostly clean. The ice machine did make frozen water very well.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RogerTheChapman
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback - we appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. We truly apologize for the difficulties you experienced and will look into your comments right away - thank you for bringing them to our attention. We appreciate you staying with us and do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 20 July 2019 via mobile

Checked in and got the quiet room on the top floor. The place looked great, styled and up to date. The sheets were immaculate and the bed was comfy. Lots of hot water and cool air for the heat. The place was big and comfortably spacious for a three night stay.
And then noticed that there is no safe to lock up personals. OK, not that big a deal.
The pillows are plump but certainly not suitable for my wife or I...sleeping was difficult. Compounding the issue is an air conditioner that is too loud to sleep with a default fan setting at high....temp control does function.
The room keys didn't work after day 1. We were advised that this was our own fault because the keys deactivate when close to cell phone. With key in one pocket and phone in another, I asked for further advise and received none. Placing the cards on the phone overnight didn't impact key performance thereafter. Front desk telling stories is a complete violation of trust.
If you get a good price and can get a room anywhere away from dog kennel next door, then worth good value. Any price north of $80 is simply not good value for a three star facility of questionable repute.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we appreciate your feedback and your business. we do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 9 July 2019

We stayed for 3 nights this month, and it was wonderful accommodations with great restaurant and bar service. Rooms were clean! They were making some great upgrades to the outside pool and tiki area as well! Overall it was a perfect stay and very close to the train station to get downtown!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Thank you so much for your great comments - we are excited you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2019

I was disappointed by my stay at this hotel. The room was not well maintained. I found someone else's long hair in the shower and on the pillows. I also found their front desk staff to be unwelcoming and unpleasant. I stay at maybe a dozen hotels a year and this is my worst stay this year. Unfortunate - Crowne Plazas are typically quite decent.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Chauve-Souris-Voyage
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced and we will look into your comments right away - we appreciate you bringing them to our attention and we do thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon