Lowest prices for your stay
CrownePlaza.com
$121
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$116
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
Agoda.com
$114
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Expedia.com$121
Priceline$121
Hotels.com$121
All reviews outdoor pool front desk would stay here again within a mile radius shuttle business conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019

We stayed for 3 nights this month, and it was wonderful accommodations with great restaurant and bar service. Rooms were clean! They were making some great upgrades to the outside pool and tiki area as well! Overall it was a perfect stay and very close to the train station to get downtown!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Thank you so much for your great comments - we are excited you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2019

I was disappointed by my stay at this hotel. The room was not well maintained. I found someone else's long hair in the shower and on the pillows. I also found their front desk staff to be unwelcoming and unpleasant. I stay at maybe a dozen hotels a year and this is my worst stay this year. Unfortunate - Crowne Plazas are typically quite decent.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Chauve-Souris-Voyage
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments - we sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced and we will look into your comments right away - we appreciate you bringing them to our attention and we do thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

My family was coming to visit on Memorial Day Weekend. I travel for work and I thought it would be nice for them to come up and I take them into Chicago. Since it was short notice the only place I could get them into and use points was here. WHAT A DISASTER!!!!

1. I’m a Platinum Member (have been Espire Elite before) When I went to check them in early (on Saturday) , per reservation. The first thing the lady at the front desk said was check-in is not until 3pm. It was around 1:45pm. I told her when I made the reservation that I put early check in and besides I’m a Platinum Member. She ended up looking for a room and low and behold one was available. I felt this encounter was kind of rude.

2. I requested a crib and waited about 45 minutes to get one.

3. When my family woke up on Sunday morning, my daughter had been bit by something that appeared to be bed bug bites. It also looked like that the 18 month old and the 8 month old had also been bitten. One of my daughters ended up checking the bed and low and behold she found a bed bug. I called the hotel to tell them since the reservation was under my name and the person at the front desk said they would move them if a room was available. He also stated they would call a 3rd party to come and inspect. They were given another room, staff brought them some keys but never offered to assist them with their move. Remember it was my 2 daughters and their 4 very young children. NOW before they moved my one daughter was going to inspect the room and strip the beds to make sure there were no bed bugs in that room. Luckily, there didn’t appear to be. So they ended up going to a new room. Wasn’t upgraded (presidential suite next to new room unoccupied), no compensation for there troubles. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! The bug was given to the staff but he didn’t say much of anything.

4. Once settled for a second time they met up with me and we spent the day in Chicago.

5. After a long day, returned to the room to find out that the staff did not go in and remake the beds. They were aware that the room was going to be inspected before moving. If one was going to inspect for bed bugs wouldn’t that mean the beds would be stripped during inspection??

6. Also after a long day it was 75 degrees in the room and the air was on. It was not cooling down. Called the front desk and someone was going to come up and check it out. Well, come to find out that person went home early. But they offered to give them another room for a second time. Remember 4 small children and 2 of them were 18 months and 8 months. They were tired and had already moved once in this trip. If they moved again they would have to check for bed bugs again since they already had that issue, move without assistance from the hotel, and then make the beds again. Therefore, they chose not to mess with it The room ended up only cooling to 70 degrees. But it took most of the night to do so. AGAIN NO COMPENSATION for all the hassles they have endured.

7. Monday morning (which was Memorial Day) I tried to get ahold of the general manager. I knew he/she probably wouldn’t be in but I thought I would give it a try anyway. Well I was right, they were not in. The person on the phone never offered to see if they could help me or ask if they could take a message or anything of such nature.

8. I’m appalled at the level of service at this hotel. Not a very good representation of the IHG brand. And this is from a Platinum member who has had Espire Elite status (fell short last year) who has actually over the last 5 years preferred to stay at IHG locations.

9. To sum it all up, my family came to see me, probably won’t get another opportunity to have any kind of vacation again this year ( for they are both low income families—even though their both married) spent several hundred dollars with gas, tolls, food, and entertainment. Besides the points I gave them to have what I thought would be comfortable accommodations.

10. BTW I would have had them stay with me at my hotel but I really thought they would be more comfortable and have a better time if I got them their own room (nothing was available at mine) I was MISTAKEN!!

10. THIS WILL DEFINITELY GO DOWN IN THE BOOKS AS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Lori L
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Thank you so much for bringing these items to our attention - we sincerely apologize for your families experience and will be in touch with you directly to discuss your comments - Thank you again for bringing this to our attention

Reviewed 3 May 2019

I was snowed in at O'Hare, and the Crowne Plaza was the closest property with an available room. However, everything about the it was a welcome surprise. The front desk staff checked me in professionally and quickly. The room was quite spacious and clean: bed extremely comfortable, supportive mattress, perfect pillows and crisp clean sheets. Also, plenty of USB ports in outlets in the room as well for charging devices. The morning breakfast buffet was awesome--a huge spread for a reasonable cost, and the server was amazingly attentive to every need--coffee refills, juice and clearing away dirty plates, etc. Free shuttle service to O'Hare is also a plus, although I didn't know about it when coming from the airport and ended up with a $50+ cab ride, so use the shuttle!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2019

Thank you so much for your great comments and feedback - we are so excited you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to see you again in the future! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 14 April 2019

I spent a night at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook with my wife and 8 years old daughter. Place is decent and location reasonable to drive to Chicago downtown. Cost-benefit was also very good and I would consider staying here again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank danvil_br
Jhager45, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago-Northbrook, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

Thank you very much for your great comments and feedback - we are excited you enjoyed your time at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!