“Do not stay here...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
Denver, Colorado
“Do not stay here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here for our sons bootcamp graduation, and I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. We walked into the room and the tv and in room fridge were covered in dust, walked into the bathroom and there was hair in the bathtub, the bad part was yet to come...When we got ready for bed, we pulled the covers back and there were toe nails covering the sheet...the people at the front desk were rude and argumenative.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was the worst hotel i have ever been in. When i got the room the smell was so bad i opened the door after an hour the smell still did not leave the room . there were bugs in the bathroom. i think they were nats flying around. My husband said the smell is mold. The board of health should check this place out. I could not stay the night. I asked for my money back. At least the man was nice and gave my money back. I feel bad for anyone who has to stay here. This place is too old and run down. Nothing like the pictures. they must have been taken 20 years ago. Stay away !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
Dumont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here for our daughter's Naval Graduation. Very close to the base and Lake Michigan. By looking at the place, we were not sure if we were going to like it, (not fancy at all), but we did. Rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly. They had a outdoor pool and hot tub. The price was great. The pool could have been skimmed more often but it was nice. The only complaint I would have is that the bathroom was way too small. Barely any room to change in it, but it was clean. They also had a free continental breakfast that wasn't very exciting. Overall we had a nice stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LovelyLadyBug86
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The staff was friendly. The room was neat and clean. When we had a concern,
it was dealt with promptly and pleasantly. The rate was within our family 's budget.
We appreciate you Red Carpet Inn North Chicago!

Room Tip: If you need Wi-fi, ask for a room location that will give the strongest signal possible.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jaltman89
Delhi, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

I came to the area to watch a friend graduate from his basic training with the Navy. This hotel is about a mile -- in a direct line -- to the Naval base. It was easy to get to where I needed to go.

First -- the customer service here was excellent. I can't really complain about it.

I made the reservation the week before I was traveling out. For non-smoking, they told me all they had was a jacuzzi room. That's fine and I took it. I arrived to the hotel around 2 p.m. to check in after a morning of hiking elsewhere. I was ready for a nice shower, so I checked in and went to my room to check things out.

... It didn't have a shower.

Apparently, at this place, a jacuzzi suite doesn't come with a shower! Argh!

I went back to the front desk in the hopes of finding something with a shower. They then had a double (which was what I had originally wanted -- at like $20 cheaper a room!), but I had to pay the same rate. That's the one thing that really kind of got me on this trip as I paid $20 more than I should have. But, at that point, I was paying and didn't care as I wanted to take a shower and go do a few things. And in the end, I got a shower, which was much better than a jacuzzi for me on this trip!

The bed was decently comfortable. The internet was slow as I couldn't seem to log onto the secured one and had to grab off the other one. That could be my computer, so that's not a total strike against this place.

Things seemed clean. The towels were a little dated, they seemed. The water pressure and such was good and I enjoyed the stay and the location overall. Being I only stayed one night and had met a friend for dinner elsewhere, I didn't get to try some of the places very close by.

They offer special rates for those going to Navy graduations, so check in on those.

In the end, I'd stay here again if in the area. For people coming to the graduations, you can't ask for a better location at this price and have a clean and efficient room.

And the people at the front desk are helpful and friendly. That makes it worth the stay right there as well.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3.7 km away
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
4.5 km away
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK