“Louise”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
New York, New York, United States
“Louise”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This was the worst hotel i have ever been in. When i got the room the smell was so bad i opened the door after an hour the smell still did not leave the room . there were bugs in the bathroom. i think they were nats flying around. My husband said the smell is mold. The board of health should check this place out. I could not stay the night. I asked for my money back. At least the man was nice and gave my money back. I feel bad for anyone who has to stay here. This place is too old and run down. Nothing like the pictures. they must have been taken 20 years ago. Stay away !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dumont
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here for our daughter's Naval Graduation. Very close to the base and Lake Michigan. By looking at the place, we were not sure if we were going to like it, (not fancy at all), but we did. Rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly. They had a outdoor pool and hot tub. The price was great. The pool could have been skimmed more often but it was nice. The only complaint I would have is that the bathroom was way too small. Barely any room to change in it, but it was clean. They also had a free continental breakfast that wasn't very exciting. Overall we had a nice stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank LovelyLadyBug86
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The staff was friendly. The room was neat and clean. When we had a concern,
it was dealt with promptly and pleasantly. The rate was within our family 's budget.
We appreciate you Red Carpet Inn North Chicago!

Room Tip: If you need Wi-fi, ask for a room location that will give the strongest signal possible.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank jaltman89
Delhi, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I came to the area to watch a friend graduate from his basic training with the Navy. This hotel is about a mile -- in a direct line -- to the Naval base. It was easy to get to where I needed to go.

First -- the customer service here was excellent. I can't really complain about it.

I made the reservation the week before I was traveling out. For non-smoking, they told me all they had was a jacuzzi room. That's fine and I took it. I arrived to the hotel around 2 p.m. to check in after a morning of hiking elsewhere. I was ready for a nice shower, so I checked in and went to my room to check things out.

... It didn't have a shower.

Apparently, at this place, a jacuzzi suite doesn't come with a shower! Argh!

I went back to the front desk in the hopes of finding something with a shower. They then had a double (which was what I had originally wanted -- at like $20 cheaper a room!), but I had to pay the same rate. That's the one thing that really kind of got me on this trip as I paid $20 more than I should have. But, at that point, I was paying and didn't care as I wanted to take a shower and go do a few things. And in the end, I got a shower, which was much better than a jacuzzi for me on this trip!

The bed was decently comfortable. The internet was slow as I couldn't seem to log onto the secured one and had to grab off the other one. That could be my computer, so that's not a total strike against this place.

Things seemed clean. The towels were a little dated, they seemed. The water pressure and such was good and I enjoyed the stay and the location overall. Being I only stayed one night and had met a friend for dinner elsewhere, I didn't get to try some of the places very close by.

They offer special rates for those going to Navy graduations, so check in on those.

In the end, I'd stay here again if in the area. For people coming to the graduations, you can't ask for a better location at this price and have a clean and efficient room.

And the people at the front desk are helpful and friendly. That makes it worth the stay right there as well.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank softball29
Franklin , TX
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We chose this hotel because the reviews were good and it was so close to the Navy base, and we were there for our son's graduation. We stayed 3 nights - 4/14/11-4/17/11.

Overall - a decent cheap place to stay, especially if you are on a budget and need to be close to the Navy base.
The rooms were clean and decent, but nothing special. We got two rooms for our group. Both were non-smoking, but still seemed to have a smoke odor. I called the front desk about it, and they brought a plug-in room deodorizer , which did help.

Like other posters, our experience with the front desk varied. On the day of our arrival, the guy at the desk spoke very broken English and was rather rude when I attempted to ask about places to eat in the area. The person I spoke to when we left was much nicer. The price was great for our budget, so it was worth it, overall.
I did appreciate the free internet access. We have stayed at really expensive hotels where you had to pay for that.

I would stay there again.

There is a restaurant/bar next door (Flanagans) that does breakfast buffet on Saturday and Sunday. It was really good. Also an Arby's down the road, and a small hambuger place that is good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4.5 km away
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
3.2 km away
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK