“Had it's good points”

TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 24 May 2012

When we arrived Nick was working and was very quick and efficient with check in. He told me that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite which I was very happy about. It’s always great when my 3 year old gets his own room. We were in room 207. It was close to the elevator but not close enough to hear it which was good. Unfortunately there was some sort of engine type noise that would go off at random times and woke me up in the middle of the night so I don’t recommend this particular room for that reason. Otherwise the room was great. It had one bedroom with a king size bed. The bathroom was small and kind of dark if you didn’t turn on the heat lamp. The other room had two queen size beds and a bigger bathroom with the sink in the bathroom. The sink was cracked in that one. I read in previous reviews about the air blowing the curtains and this is very accurate. We went prepared with lots of clothes pins and it helped a lot but light still was able to get through which didn’t bother us all that much. The outlets in the rooms were very loose and it was hard to get them to hold the plugs in the walls. I always love having a kitchen in the room. This one however is super small and doesn’t even had a drawer for the silverware. Over the microwave is a bit high to have to reach to get it down.

The breakfast was very good and kept well stocked when we were there. Eggs and sausage in a warming drawer, waffles to make yourself. Lots of variety of cereal, muffins, breakfast sweets, along with breads and bagels for toasting. They also had nice toppings for the waffles or cereal. Hard boiled eggs, pancakes with sausage on a stick, yogurt. Great selection for a free breakfast. We all found something we liked. The pool was very nice and very well kept. My son had fun swimming in it and my husband enjoyed the hot tub. The work out room looked great all though we did not use it. The laundry was standard pay machines but they looked clean. The ice machine on the second floor worked great for refilling our cooler for the trip home.

Nick was very helpful with advice about taking a taxi to the train station all though in rush hour traffic this proved to be a very expensive trip of almost $16 so I think if we did it again we would just leave early and figure out a place to park at the Dupage Children’s museum (they have train parking for $5) or something. Nick also was great about remembering names and checking to make sure we had what we needed. Great employee!

Overall our stay was good and it was a great place for families.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 207, take clothes pins for the curtains, Cracker Barrel is close enough to wa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
NapervilleTPS_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While we are thrilled to hear all the positive things you had to say about the hotel and Nick, we would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. Be assured, we welcome all customer feedback and use it to our advantage, as we always are looking to improve. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pavel Evtimov and Management Team.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My husband and I stopped in Naperville on a Saturday night before a flight out of O'Hare without reservations and stumbled upon this property. Because it had the Marriott logo, we decided to give it a try after stopping at several other hotels that were sold out. We were surprised to have had such an excellent experience! The room was huge and very clean. The king sized bed was as comfortable as the bed in the 4.5 star hotel we stayed at on the Magnificent Mile in Chicago. The hotel was quiet. They even included an excellent breakfast that was free with the room. The staff went above and beyond to help us mail a package when we realized we still had Grandma's keys to her house! Thanks for a great experience before a long travel day to Germany!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
NapervilleTPS_GM, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when in the Chicagoland area.Kind Regards, Pavel Evtimov & Management Team.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed for a week. Pretty far out in the western suburbs in a mostly light industrial area. Friendly staff and good site maintenance. Overall a decent value for the money, but I was disappointed in the following:
--two sets of MANUAL double doors to be navigated entering and exiting...always a challenge for solo traveler with luggage.
--communication problems with housekeeping; cleaned the room when I asked them not to, and didn't clean the room when I expected them to.
--fruit loops on the floor when I moved the foot stool, and debris behind the door, but otherwise the room & bathroom were clean
--didn't realize my king studio would not have an oven until I got there - had microwave, range and dishwasher and cabinet for dishes was ABOVE the refrigerator, making it impossible to reach without climbing on a chair
--motel had scheduled deep cleaning of carpets, upholstery, and drapes for the week I was there. I think it would've been fair to let me know that when I booked my reservation. Wasn't crazy about non-hotel employees entering my room.
--extremely difficult to turn left out onto the main road during morning rush hour
--bright parking lot lights at night - take a clothespin to hold the curtains shut!
--hvac unit it room has that irritating issue of blowing air up in the curtains--seriously, can't someone figure out how to prevent that?

Good things worth mentioning:
comfortable bed; relatively quiet interior; pretty view of a pond from one side of motel; Cracker Barrel adjacent; clean lobby, elevator, and hallways; hvac unit in room has option of "fan only on" so that you can have white noise to sleep by, and it did a good job with variable weather the week I was there, and as mentioned - a friendly and helpful front desk staff on all shifts.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pond and away from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay in Naperville, at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. While we regret that you experienced some minor issues while staying, it is our customers feedback that make it possible to discover these areas of opportunity for improvement. Thank you again for your honest feedback! We hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in a future visits to the Naperville area. Sincerely, Pavel Evtimov and Management Team

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have been staying at the TownePlace since September of last year. While it is not a 5 star hotel, it is clean and comfortable and offers good value for the rate. Nick and Alex are mainstays on the front desk. From my view, they are both good people, hard working and go out of their way to do whatever they can to make your stay a pleasant one. I like the fact that a Cracker Barrel is a very short walk from the hotel. While there is nothing wrong with the breakfast, it is the run of the mill... yogurt, cereal, pancakes/waffles, sausage and eggs, juice machine and cofee... all DIY.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I too was leary of booking this and then when trying to find it was very hesitant to check in. When I arrived with my daugher (6) we were greeted nicely by Alex and given a key to our suite. I headed to the elevator .... the lobby was bright clean and had a nice feel. The elevator was in a weird place but once we got to our suite WOW. Room 200 was large spacious and CLEAN I cannot complain about anything in the suite it was big and had a stove top, full fridge and a dining table 2 tv's and a closing door between the bedroom and Living area. My only small complaint is the bathroom is in the bedroom so if you lock the kids out and they have needs in the night they have to barge in the bedroom but that is not really a complaint. We did breakfast it was basic but there is a Cracker Barrel restuarant in the parking lot if you want to but breakfast and you have a suite you can cook in. Heading past 59 on Diehl Rd there are tons of places to eat if you drive 5 minutes and south on 59 are a billion places. This was a great stay Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family