“Treated rudely from the onset.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mount Vernon Rend Lake
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
collinsville
“Treated rudely from the onset.”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Big mistake staying here. I come to this area often AND THOUGHT id try the fairfield inn.. To begin I was treated rudely by staff from the start of my visit. I decided to stay anyways. When i awoke i had some sort of rash. The stay was most a most unenjoyable stay.. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank chefskott
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kechi, Kansas
Reviewed 1 January 2012

All I can say is WOW! I chose this property primarily because of the reviews. What a good choice!. We had been on the road a long time that day and I called the hotel while we were still about and hour and a half out. I do not like to give out my credit card number over a cell phone on the interstate. Holly was very understanding and held the room for us. After 13 hours on the road the was a really great place to stop. when we checked in she had all the paperwork filled out. Al I had to do was give her a credit card and sign. I have nothing negative to say about this property, it was fantastic in every respect.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim H
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 23 December 2011

In the past we have always stayed at the Comfort Suites in Mt. Vernon, but due to the awesome reviews for the Fairfield Inn & Suites, we decided to give it a try. The plusses for this over the Comfort Suites were a less congested area or at least easier to get in and out of and the no dogs allowed.

Everything here was top notch. It had been many years since I've stayed at a Fairfield Inn and it was not such a great experience, but this experience has changed my mind and I'll give them a try in other locations. I really like the idea of the rooms never having Pets in them due to allergies.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kc-opk
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We had a comfortable room, good wifi, an inviting breakfast area with good selections & a helpful staff. THe handicapped room did not have enough counter space in the bathroom - there was plenty of space which could have been utilized better. The hotel was in a good location & handy to restaurants. We would stay here again but not in a handicapped room.

Room Tip: Don't take a handicapped room unless you HAVE to.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank H Joan B
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed 1 night and the hotel exceeded all of my expectations. The room was very quiet considering the hotel was fully booked. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The parking lot is well lit. My room was Immaculate. In addition there are 2 rooms available for the hearing impaired guests. The breakfast was excellent. For my stay I had no issues or concerns. There are a few minor issues that did not affect my stay but may others. The King Executive Suite is somewhat small due to the odd layout of the room. (photos attached) The TV area is fine for 2 people but would be tight if anyone else was staying. There is no privacy between the bedroom and living room as it is an open concept room. No safe is available. My stay was outstanding and I will book here in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo