“Sushi- Bento”

Sushi Kaya Restraunt
Ranked #30 of 69 Restaurants in Morton Grove
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I love this place I have been going here for the past 3-4 years and I love everything they make, best Sushi I have ever had.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

I stopped by for a pick-up after work. My order was a dragon maki roll. I've had better dragon rolls, but this one was not way off. It had a good presentation and pleasant flavors. Regrettably, the next morning my stomach was rumbling in discomfort. It was not happy with what I gave it to digest.

My experience could very well be exclusively subjective, and I do have a delicate stomach, but with all the dinning out that I do, I'd like to think that it tolerates pretty well. Needless to say, I don't plan on going back. Unfortunately, I did not dine at the restaurant so my overall all rating is solely based on the food experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

My husband and I stopped in on a Monday evening when the place barely had any other business. We like to order from the ala carte sushi menu provided, rather than
to order one particular entree, to enjoy a variety of the selections we especially enjoy.Entrees themselves come with the usual little side salad and miso soup, but apparently ala carte does not. Nearly every Japanese restaurant I have visited either includes this automatically when one orders enough food, or will do so if you let them know that you are going to order more than the value of most of their single entrees that do include it.
Our waitress initially told us that we could not do so, but when we explained that we were ordering drinks, two appetizers from the menu, plus a wide variety of sushi, then she nodded and said "yes" to including the tiny salad (composed of inexpensive head lettuce) and cup of what was essentially broth.

When the bill came we were both charged for the soups and salads and when we inquired about this - she claimed she had never made any such agreement. I understand that perhaps due to language issues we may have misunderstood her, but they could have been assured of our repeat business (as Morton Grove residents) had they not been so stingy over items that surely could not have cost them more than a dollar to provide.

The food was nicely prepared and the room is bright and cheerful. We will not be back - too many other places for sushi that will accommodate us.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We have been going here for 10+ years!! Its a great place friendly staff, never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Needed a place in the area, and with just one positive review, thought I would try it. Great service, good sushi, and the atmosphere is pleasant. Stop by and try it.