All reviews stayed here christmas stay front desk class reunion il area place to stay college homecoming family weekend room was clean nice lobby very nice stay continental breakfast hot tub would highly recommend this hotel easy access home away from home definitely stay here again
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here three years in a row for Monmouth College homecoming. The people at Americinn do a wonderful job of making the weekend stay feel festive and special. They have it beautifully decorated for fall - with pumpkins and other fall accents - and have many nice Monmouth College touches. I love that they have water and snacks in the lobby (next year some gluten free options would be wonderful!) - and a sign welcoming everyone back for homecoming. The rooms are comfortable. I slept great each night. The front desk people are very friendly. I spilled coffee in my car and when I asked for a napkin, they gave me a whole roll of paper towels to clean it up. So nice and helped me a ton. I travel all over the world for business and have the opportunity to stay in many beautiful hotels. This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but they do an even better job than many of those high-end hotels of making you feel you are truly in a home away from home.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
AmericInnMonmouth, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

It makes us smile so much that you had such an exciting Homecoming Weekend Experience here at the AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth. It was such a fun weekend and we love making it an extra special one for our guests! Thank you for the compliments on our fall and Monmouth College decor; and also for the suggestion about gluten free treat options for future events. I am so glad that our front desk staff were all so friendly and helpful for you as well.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to being your 'home away from home' the next time you visit the AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Overall the hotel was great. The staff is extremely friendly, the hotel is clean and quiet and close to everything. We visited for family weekend at Monmouth College and have another four years of visits. We'll stay again I'm sure. The only downfall was how uncomfortable the beds were. My 15 yo daughter said it was the pillows but I felt like it was both. That is the only reason I gave sleep quality a terrible rating. It was not loud in the halls or other rooms. That was fine. You can hear the train go through town most of the night but that is expected. The fresh cookies in the lobby were nice, breakfast was decent - like that there are waffles for an option, and the pool area looked clean. We didn't actually use it this time. For future visits I'll bring my own pillows and hope for an upgrade there but we'll definitely come back. It's a nice, clean hotel with top notch service. Thank you to the staff for making us feel valued!

Date of stay: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmericInnMonmouth, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Thank you so much again for sharing your experience at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth. We hope that the new pillows that we just received will help make future stays much more comfortable and relaxing for you as you visit the Monmouth area. We also have plenty of extra pillows and blankets available upon request; it would be our pleasure to be provide any of these extra amenities to make your stay better.

We are always thrilled at the the beginning of each school year to meet new parents as their children are starting their collegiate journey. We look forward to seeing you over the next four years. It is our hope that our friendly staff will continue to be of assistance to make each of your stays an enjoyable one!

Thank you again for sharing with us; we look forward to serving you in the future

Operations Manager.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

A group of us stayed there for a class reunion. Everyone was so helpful and kind. We were delighted that we could continue our reunions in the evenings in the lobby - we had a great time there! Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmericInnMonmouth, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

We are so ecstatic that you had a marvelous stay and a great time catching up with friends during your class reunion. Your group was oh, so much fun and it was our pleasure to be a part of your exciting weekend! We hope to see you next time you are in the Monmouth area.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The staff at AmericInn Monmouth was fantastic to us on our recent stay while we moved my first grandson into college 900 miles from home. We had many questions about the area, about the college, about the residents of this small town. When my plane was delayed by four hours, and my daughter arrived well before I did, they still were able to check her in and make her feel at ease. We had a suite, king bed, which was very comfortable, and queen sofa bed in living room, which really was not, but that's typical. A large sink and vanity separate from the commode/bath is very handy. The room and lobby were beautifully appointed and very clean. We honestly feel that if there were a problem at the college, we could direct my grandson to the AmericInn, and he'd be in good hands until one of us could fly out to meet him.

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmericInnMonmouth, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

You have no idea what this means to us; what a privilege to be considered a home away from home for you and your family while your grandson is attending college here. We would be honored to be a safe haven for him, we are here if he needs us for anything. I am so thrilled to hear that our entire staff was able to be so helpful for you & your family during this milestone transition and that you enjoyed your room and the hotel during your visit. We wish your grandson a very successful academic year and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit!

Thank you!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The staff at this hotel are all amazing. They are so willing to help with any questions or needs. I can't say enough about the wonderful service I have received through the years at this hotel. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AmericInnMonmouth, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

We appreciate so much the kind words you have shared regarding your stay with us at the AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth. We are beyond grateful to see that our staff was able to be so willing to be helpful to you over the years! These gracious words do not go unnoticed; it makes us smile very much reading your comments which we will share with our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!