“Totally old school Italian!”
Review of Bella Mia

Bella Mia
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I have been here with my husband, with our mothers, with a group of friends, and have recommended to my kids for date nights. Food is superb, recommend sausage and peppers and Lasagna, but every time we have gone everyone has enjoyed their dinners. On weekends, they have entertainment, and at Christmas it is decorated so nicely. They have a back room if you have a larger group and want to be farther away from the entertainment. Pricing is consistent with quality. I definitely recommend this restaurant

1  Thank khealy6

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I had the chicken bella mia and it was different than anything I've ever had before. The chicken breast was so tender and the sauce was amazing! Great service and offering.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We (4 couples) went there for New Years Eve. We had reservations for 8:00pm, and arrived on time. We were told our table wasn't ready yet and we could sit at the bar, which we did for the next hour and a half which was very disturbing. We never did receive any communication from the hostess, even when we inquired. When we finally did sit down, there was a special menu for that night. Then our waitress informed us that they were out of then we were told they were out of strip steaks, the we were told they only had one porterhouse steak left. Then after we ordered (not what we wanted) our wAitress came back to tell us they were out of potatoes. They could have at least taken something off the bill, but they didn't. The whole night was a total disaster and I would never go back there. Disgusting evening.

1  Thank aantonsen
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We have gone here many times in the past and have even made it our Christmas Eve restaurant of choice.

My wife and I went here a little over a month ago and had a rude waiter who was just not pleasant. I ordered my steak medium rare. It came well done. I will not eat well done meat and he proceeded to tell ME how I should eat my steak. Even scoffed at sending it back indicating the chef "will be upset". What?!? Then he was obviously pissed because he did not come back around until I had to ask for him again.

Next visit was this recent Christmas Eve this time. First, we had reservations but they couldn't seem to find them, leaving us stand by the door while others were sat. Finally asking if we could sit, they miraculously found a table!?!? Then, after that debacle, we had an unusually rude woman server. Seemed bothered that she was working and when we asked for certain items, she seemed like it was such a "chore". It was very early on in the evening, so they were NOT even busy at the time so not sure what her problem was as we were kind to her? They also provided a limited menu this year which was a problem if you had little kids with you that didn't want the "selected" items and wanted something you could find on a kids menu...NOPE, wouldn't budge.

This is all unfortunate because their food and atmosphere is generally pretty good.
Well, needless to say, there are plenty of restaurants around and I am not going to give my money to one that doesn't seem to appreciate us patronizing their place.

1  Thank A9452NMmichaelf
Reviewed 18 December 2016

Met a bunch of girlfriends here recently for dinner and conversation on a Friday night. Glad that we had reservations, as the place was almost full and we needed a table for 7. Had a wonderful server, wish I could remember her name. She was a very personable middle-aged woman who knew the menu, food and drink and preparations inside and out, which was very helpful to a couple of us who had certain dietary restrictions (including me, naturally)
We placed our orders but let her know that we wanted to enjoy each others company over our cocktails before the food started to arrive. Just as we were wondering if perhaps we should give her the "HI" sign, she appeared and asked us just that and in only a couple of minutes our soups/salads appeared. There was a little bit of a welcome lull until the entrees arrived, all of which were ample and delicious. We also decided to order just 2 desserts and pass them around for "sampling", as none of us had enough room for an entire dessert. All was good.
There was also a "one man band" singing and playing guitar, covering pop hits old and new who was EXCELLENT!