“Decent”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Loves Park
Lansing MI
“Decent”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed here one night with my husband. We had a king bed room. Check in took longer that I expected but once it was our turn it didn't take too much longer. Clerk was very nice and friendly. the lobby was very small but then she pointed out where the breakfast area was and that was a good size. they did have it closed when not in use.
Our room was on the first floor, it was average in size. I thought it was pretty clean but later I noticed cob webs above the mirror and juice or something red splattered near the door. It wasn't bad enough for me to complain about but i thought i should mention it. Our bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very small and the drain in tub was rather slow but the water eventually drained. OUr room was warm when we arrived but I guess it's because you have to ask the front desk to turn on the airconditioner. once they turned it on from their end, it worked fine. Walls seemed rather thin as I could hear alot of talking or TV in rooms next to me. I could hear people talking in the hallway and doors opening and closing. It didnt bother me too much but I felt like I should whisper so I wouldn't bother others. The pool area was nice. Breakfast was better than average. They offered eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, toast ,juice, milk and fruit. Lots of choices! In general this hotel was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sidney, OH
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I recently spent 2 days at this hotel. They were very friendly and helpful at check-in. However, we were given a handicapped accessible room...which neither of us were handicapped. The walls of these rooms and the between floor and ceiling must be exceptionally thin as you could hear every spoken word in the rooms beside and there were children and apparently very heavy-walking adults in the room above us that sounded like a buffalo stampede! When going out for the day, upon our return, the room had not been touched at all. We did not leave the DND sign on the door...they just didn't clean nor bring clean towels or take the dirty. When calling for towels I was told I'd have to come to the desk to get them...which I did immediately....where the person on duty completely ignored me while checking in another person. A simple 'I'll be with you shortly' would have sufficed. However, after I walked away (without towels) and back to my room, she did call my room and bring the towels.
Breakfast was plentiful. The 'mystery-meat sausage patties' and the 'really-not-eggs' weren't the greatest but there was a supply of fruit, danishes, bagels, etc.
Overall, the rooms were pretty clean and the staff were friendly. If I had to I would stay there again...for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MFD54
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed here two days this past weekend. The rate, $69 for 2 people in a king non-smoking room was very reasonable. The room was clean and had the usual toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap. Additional toiletries were free if you asked at the front desk.

The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because the breakfast was cold. The warmer didn't appear to be working for the eggs and sausages. In addition, the heater in our room was a wee bit loud.

We would stay here again though as we didn't need breakfast and there were other options to eat, ie toast, bagel, cereal.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor. Not too many people there so it was fairly quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hippyways
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This review is for a stay that I had a few years ago [please dismiss the date, I had to put something], but I thought that anyone can always use an honest positive review.

My parents and I stayed at Quality Inn & Suites when we were between homes. The people that were in the house we were moving into stayed for a bit longer than we had anticipated, so we stayed at Quality for about a week. The room was much nicer than I had expected it to be. Very clean, and very nice service to go along with it. They had even accommodated us with our sort of sticky situation--our dog had just given birth to puppies not more than a couple weeks before then; they still even had their eyes closed! The hotel was very kind to us and gave us a place to stay and accommodated our little Momma dog and her new additions.

For years I have recommended this hotel for their good quality and kind hospitality. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to stay somewhere nice for a bargain. Unless things have changed at Quality Inn & Suites, they are a diamond in the rough!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Cat M
Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed 30 August 2011

pretty nice place for the money. clean rooms. nice deluxe breakfast. pool could have been a little warmer. can walk to volcano falls miniature golf and arcade. would stay again.

Room Tip: use online hotel coupons when you can to save money
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5.9 km away
Days Inn Rockford
Days Inn Rockford
#17 of 24 in Rockford

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK