All reviewsevening receptionfront desktwo room suiteomelet baratrium areaomelette stationorder omeletteshummuschick filcomplimentary breakfastfamily reunionan excellent hotelshopping and restaurantsenjoyed our stayoakbrook areadefinitely stay here againdowners grove
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This place is awesome... the new renovation is great and I had a chance to speak with the GM for a few minutes... what a remarkable person... This is my Chicagoland hotel of choice! As always, the large room, free breakfast and happy hour don't disappoint!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Neil D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello Adam P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the "5" STAR rating. It was also a pleasure meeting you and look forward to you coming back to our hotel when you are in the area.

If there is anything we can do to help you confirm a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Take care,

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This hotel is terrific. The hotel was recently renovated and has a great fresh feel to it. The restaurant was terrific, too. I had a great grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Hello p0g0rzel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the "5" STAR rating. I am so glad to hear that you experienced our restaurant STACKS Grilled Cheese and Bar. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our staff. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Lombard.

Take care,

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over the weekend while we went to the zoo and to the aquarium. The property is attractive and the staff were professional. There was a family reunion that was being held at this hotel and it was very crowded with lots of rowdy unsupervised children. The line for breakfast was over 15 minutes. We will definitely stay here again, but hopefully it will not be as packed as it was this weekend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Matt B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We understand how important it is for our guests to receive attentive and efficient service and our goal is to make sure we staff accordingly in an effort to do so. I apologize that there was a wait for breakfast. I'll be sure to share this feedback with our staff to better serve our future guests.

Thanks for staying with us. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Lombard.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Everything was great while staying here recently. Quite at night, clean room and great breakfast. No complaints! Even asked for a late check out due to traffic coming from the city earlier that morning and it was no problem. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 14 July 2017

We booked 3 rooms for a family celebration - for 2 nights. The rooms were very nice and really updated since our last visit many years ago when our kids were small. We did have an issue with 2 of the rooms, but this was taken care of at check out and I appreciated the response of Merchanda, who was so professional and kind. Lakasha checked us in. She was also very sweet. It did take a very, very long time to get us checked in, but after help from another staff member, we finally had our rooms. Our room had a broken closet handle and no rack to place our suitcase. It took quite awhile and several phone calls and literally hours later, but we finally had a wonderful maintenance person fix the closet and provide a suitcase rack. The other really important issue we had is that one family member required medication that had to be refrigerated. They asked for an additional fridge for their room and it was refused. Why? Surely there are extra refrigerators at the hotel. So, we had to cram everything we brought for 9 people into one little fridge to allow space in 2 of the fridges for the medication. We had a cooler so were able to use that for beverages, but really, you can't make exceptions for someone who requires nutrition through a central line? Really inexcusable in my opinion. We weren't asking for something impossible.

Also - unfortunately, there were 2 large family reunions taking place. Everywhere we went, including our rooms - was LOUD. Until at least 11pm. We had small children with us so fortunately you couldn't hear all the activity in the bedrooms. However, everyone was kind and we enjoyed talking to those celebrating family reunions. I was disappointed in the managers reception. Who serves cold red wine? It was horrible. Also, pretzels and salsa and chips are not my idea of snacks at a managers reception. The breakfast on the weekend was okay, but apples and oranges are not my idea of breakfast. No oatmeal, just undercooked grits. The eggs were cold and so were the potatoes. I did let staff know. On Sunday night it was a different story. Hummus and veggies and pita bread for snacks at the reception were greatly appreciated. It was so pleasant to sit without a huge crowd of people. Seriously, couldn't the hotel think about the affect of the other patrons when you decide to allow 2 large family reunions to book on the same weekend?

The breakfast on Monday morning was wonderful. Fresh fruit: watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc. Oatmeal. Wonderful omelets and really good coffee. Also - real mugs for coffee! So appreciated. Again, the reunions had mostly left so it was a much better experience. We all slept better Sunday night without the loud partiers and kids running in the halls. Why do people keep their kids up past 8 or 9 o'clock? There were many crying babies and toddlers. I want to thank whoever the "bouncer" was who kicked the 6 or 8 boys who descended on the fitness center just as I started working out. It was 10pm and they had no business being there. This gentlemen made them leave and told them to go to their parent's rooms.

The hotel is located close to Oakbrook and Yorktown malls. We enjoyed Pinstripes for dinner, also close by. We would return to this hotel, but I would definitely check to see if a family reunion was taking place and choose a different weekend. Someone else mentioned the lack of a fan in the bathroom. Why in the world would you upgrade your rooms and not include one?

Room Tip: I wish we had been on a higher floor. 6th floor was not high enough. Corner suites are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family