All reviews holy mackerel heavenly bed corner room yorktown center the club lounge harry carey rain shower movie theater nice hotel parking lot dining options chicago suburbs front desk staff shopping mall free parking indoor pool target store
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Amazing hotel, super clean, super large, we loved it. It's attached to a shopping mall, so super-accessible to food, shopping, highways. My only issue was that the hotel was super busy, and there were always people in the lobby and everywhere on the main floor. It could have been just a busy weekend.

Room tip: If its a busy weekend, get a low floor, because this hotel gets packed.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

My wife and I arrived way before check-in time and told the front desk clerk we would just wait in the lobby for our room. But Sheila said "no problem" and got us into a room right away - no waiting - which we greatly appreciated after a very early and long flight. A couple of hours later, she and the hotel manager (didn't catch his name) moved us to the room we had requested. While certainly showing some mild signs of wear, it was very clean and comfortable, especially the bed, and they had accommodated us with a high floor and nice view towards the east.

I was there for a conference and this hotel proved to be among the top venues for this purpose that I have experienced, with beautiful meeting rooms, gracious staff at every contact, and very good food. I also have to comment on the elevators, which can be an annoying bottleneck in many otherwise great hotels. Not a problem here. Even though we were on the 15th floor, I never had to wait more than half-a-minute or so to go up or down and the elevators were among the quietest and speediest I have ever encountered. We were at this hotel for 3 days and my wife enjoyed the large nearby shopping center, along with restaurants not far away. Our only surprise was the minor shock of going from 80 degree temperatures in southern Arizona to 20 degrees and light snow in Lombard but, of course, nothing to do with the hotel and we actually enjoyed the temporary return to winter. When back in this area, we will readily stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: I was not in the room very much due to the conference I attended but my wife very much enjoyed the high floor and eastern view.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 9pm and only one person checking people in so waited 15 minutes. Guy in front of me was waiting in line to complain of broken glass in the hallway and loud kids running up and down the hall. Check in and hurry down to the hot tub that closed at 10 and the pool, hot tub and sauna are filled with kids. Head to the gym where one adult is leaving mumbling about it being a zoo. Head in and 6 boys around age 7 just tearing things up. No pool/gym towels anywhere so use the phone to call front desk, 20 min later still no towels so give up and head back to room. I realize nobody is on duty in pool area but with that many kids unsupervised someone should be checking the area, kids around 10 stuffed into the sauna which clearly states an age minimum and things bring wrecked. When we arrived Sat. and when we left Sunday there were 2 glasses outside our room from previous guests and 2 across the hall. Within that time frame they were never picked up. Probably why at check in someone was complaining of broken glass. All in all a huge disappointment and glad I only had to spend one night.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
WLYC, General Manager at The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Hello,

Please accept our apologies that your stay experience was different from what you had envisioned. Our goal is always that you enjoy respite and a refreshing environment upon arrival.

You may have stayed with us during a convention which brought many children to visit our property. Their enjoyment creates higher than usual noise levels throughout the hotel, particularly in the pool area which, is of course a huge draw to children during their down time, I do apologize for your inconvenience.

I do look forward to a returned visit which will give us the opportunity to serve you with distinction.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was very clean and modern. The shower in the bathroom was awesome! Location is close to Yorktown Mall and near Oakbrook Center. Plus, Yorktown has many great restaurants so no need to travel far for things. There's a Target nearby in case you need anything you may have forgotten. We will stay here again for sure!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am thrilled you had a wonderful girls trip and happy you enjoyed the hotel amenities. As you noted, we do have many great options for shopping and dining in the surrounding area.

Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

I always enjoy my stays at Westin hotels. This one is no different. Modern and always clean. Steak house restaurant attached. This particular westin has free parking unlike most who usually require your first born child for a night of parking and I appreciated that. Slightly odd location next to a mall and a target but it's far enough away you don't really notice. The rooms are spacious, nice modern bathrooms. Pretty lengthy drive to downtown Chicago from here. I will stay here agin.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for the great review of our property. To enhance our guest’s outings, the hotel has complimentary shuttle service which offers easy access to two Metra stations for easy access to downtown Chicago. It is best to coordinate your pick up and drop off times with the hotel for prompt service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.