“Sign Up For the Birthday Deal Now!”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meyers
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Since our teen has taken an interest in all things cooking and mixology etc. his father thought he might like his birthday dinner to take place at Benihana. While checking the local one out on Google, I noted the birthday special, so signed him up. Bingo,
a cert. for $30 off his birthday meal. with exp. date at end of month was emailed. Only catch was we had to dine Mon. through Thurs. After adjusting our plans, we set out on a Monday night, and had an amazing time. Made a reservation for 7PM and were seated immediately. The tableside hibachi, chef and show--all wonderful entertainment. Another plus, the food was delicious, from soup to salad to appetizer to rice and entree. We ordered Yakisoba with chicken, Hibachi steak off Kids Menu for the picky eater, and Tuna steak for dad. What's not to like? Service is exquisite, with precision timing. Once you place your order, the show begins, and it is non stop. Even sharing a table with 2 parties of strangers turned out to be festive--a lone traveling business man (filet mignon) and a couple who are regulars (shrimp, lobster, tail, scallops), also celebrating a birthday. While over our normal price point (entrees $19.50 and $24) and specialty cocktails at around $10, the $30 certificate was honored for the full amount, even though the birthday boy ordered only a $10 kid meal. Very decent of Benihana. It has now earned three new loyal customers. What a good way to fill a restaurant Mon. through Thurs. during the dinner hours. The birthday certificate says picture ID required, so teen brought his passport, but it was never requested. By the way, the birthday celebrant ate every bite of his Hibachi steak, his first one. Another nice touch, a group photo is snapped of the birthday party, and presented in a card frame. Too bad we have to wait until May for next family member's birthday to return, although I hear week end lunch is a good time to dine too.

1  Thank barbarapC4814MC

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We went to Benihana for my friend birthday and the food was amazing they make the shrimp or chicken rices rice in front of you. They even do tricks with the food. The onion soup is really good and I hate onion soup. The food isn't salty it's cool with perfection. My favorite thing about it is you can get a five course meal with dessert or a four course meal. My favorite desert is the green tea ice cream on my gosh it is simply amazing and you taste every bit of the green tea. If you haven't been you might need to check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Though it was a rather quiet Monday evening and not a full restaurant, service and food were very good. Our waitress was very attentive and always checked on us. Chef did a great job with his show and the food was terrific!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I've been here for family celebrations in the past so I was looking forward to my son's birthday dinner here with an 8pm reservation. Although the food was amazing & our chef, Angel, was beyond great; we felt rushed by the wait staff to finish & leave. The severs came around more then once asking if we needed boxes, seeing that we still had full plates of food. My guests eventually took the take home boxes & we cashed out at 9:30p. My son also had a bday voucher, however couldn't locate the email. Staff gave no help in offering suggestions to look up his name or redeem the voucher. I understand the place closed at 10pm, but when walking out I saw some tables were just starting to get their food prepared. Overall, great good but disappointed with service. At least I got a nice family pic to take home with my $150 leftovers.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Went to celebrate my sisters birthday Sunday. The food is always great but our waitress was bad. They but 18% gratuity on each of our bills for a tip but the service was not worth it. This is my favorite location and I come 2 -3 times a month. Not happy.