“Looking for a New Sushi Place”
Review of RA Sushi

RA Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
RA Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Avenue and Butterfield Road
Reviewed 20 November 2016

you never want to go to a slow sushi place.. If they don't turn the fish it's not going to be fresh. Our old Sushi place sold and the new owners ruined the place. The other Sushi restaurants have closed, have bad reviews, or are over priced. we decided on RA here in Lombard, everything was great and will go back again. portions excellent, freshness, great selection of alcohol sushi and main dishes.

The atmosphere is above average, but the prices very reasonable. Staff was very attentive, even the manager was around checking and touching base.

I am very picky. I can't wait to go back...

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I thought RA was going to be a lot better. Their garlic edamame is amazing but the sushi was just okay for the price. They are also very heavily glutenized over there. If you have celiacs or are gluten sensitive, make sure to mention it. They even soak there rice in soy sauce and most of their dipping sauces have gluten. Even the RA chips and salsa has gluten. The expensive toro tuna was not cut properly either leaving it very chewy.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I had the "lobster rolls" and teriyaki shrimp roll at the bar. The Sushi is so-so with pretty quick service. I look for friendly places when I travel...but, this place not so much. The hostess was great but bartenders not very friendly.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

One Sunday in April the sun was shining and my boyfriend and I decided to grab a bite for lunch outside. We had been to Ra before for dinner and thought we would check it out. I love the outdoor seating and our waitress Mayra was awesome. She was so pleasant and fun we really appreciated it. She was also very helpful and patient and not pushy at all. We had a California roll (staple for my bland non-adventurous attitude towards sushi) You can't go wrong with good ole California roll. Then we got a spicy lobster roll which I found to be very good. I typically don't like very spicy and I felt it wasn't spicy. My boyfriend on the other hand likes spicy so it wasn't enough for him. Still we liked it. Then came the best we saved for last. The lobster salmon roll. Delicious!!! I do not like salmon so that should tell u how tasty it was!! All in all we had an enjoyable afternoon thanks to the ambience, service, and cuisine.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We had a great server. They have decent happy hour items - foodwise. Drink happy hour items is lacking. Prices here have increased. The menu has changed slighty. Food quality is hit or miss. I wouldn't exactly call this the place to go for sushi. The overall experience is going down. This location is becoming more like an American Grill.
Staff needs more consistent training with engaging with folks (not just their tables, but in passing). For example, we were trying to leave - 2 servers standing right smack in the middle of walkway. So we had to stand there while they continued to chat and decide if they were going to move out of way. Second example, I believe manager - kinda walks around and stands around, kinda seems aloof. Uh, hello no wonder some staff looked either confused on what to do or just stood around doing nothing while there were folks waiting to at least be acknowledged. The manager didn't engage with customers. When we walked out, he was at the host stand and didn't even bid a farewell or thanks. We spent quite a bit of money for average food, when we could have gone elsewhere for the same amount of money, better interactions, and better tasting food items.
I would have given this visit a rating of a 2 - if it wasnt for our server. I keep getting disappointed in this place, giving it another shot every so often, and each time the experience goes down.
If you must go to Ra Sushi, try a different location.