New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Evanston
“average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

If you like roaches, stay here. Front desk was matter of fact about it and never offered an apology. They said thanks when I delivered the live roach to the front desk. I was disgusted by this and asked for some type of compensation and was told it had to go through corporate office. Have yet to hear anything a month later.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This property has the potential to have a 5 star rating in terms of amenities & location. BUT the cleanliness of the bedding and linens is an issue. I stayed there on the night of September 7th and got bitten all over my body by something in the bed. I am still suffering from breakouts and itches a week later. The towels were also surprisingly threadbare for a Holiday Inn property. The front end staff also needs to be more customer-centric.

Room Tip: Ask for the room to be thoroughly cleaned, possibly fumigated before you stay here!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FBT301
Jason D, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
I am very sorry to hear about your less than pleasant experience at our hotel. We do have an in-house preventative extermination process coupled with an outside pest control service that treats hotel monthly. While I do not have a service record of issues on that particular suite, we will continue to take all steps necessary to prevent and eliminate any types of pest issues throughout our hotel. I can also say with confidence that these types of complaints are rare at our location. Regardless, I do apologize for any issues experienced and would welcome the chance to speak with you personally about any further comments/concerns.

Warm Regards,
Jason Dusenberry
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed here multiple times. Each time is the same. Good clean rooms, and an ok breakfast, and happy hour. However the staff is one step above being rude. I am a plantinum level with priority club. 1) I never get the "greeting", 2) an upgrade is never available, 3) I do not get the vip status and its perks.
When checking in I asked if my PC number was on file, I was told it was. when I checked out I noticed that the number was wrong. I asked the clerk to fix it, got the song and dance that the computer wouldn't let her. When I informed her that other hotels can, she finally relented, and came up with some lame excuse why she thought she couldn't.
The staff is not very friendly, one of them would only talk to "regulars". I witnessed one guest asking a simple question, only to get a rude reply from this person.
Also since it is a non-smoking hotel quests have to smoke outside. On more than one occasion I had to walk through the smokers loitering around the front door.
If you need a place to stay close to work, for the points then this will suffice. However better properties are just down the street

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank danderism
AGM_StaybridgeSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay here at the Staybridge Suites. While we were glad to hear that you enjoyed the room overall, we were disheartened to hear that you felt the service was less than what you would expect from Staybridge Suites.

We certainly appreciate that you are a frequent priority club member, while we do try to upgrade all of our valued priority club members, sometimes upgrades are unfortunately not available. I will however, continue to investigate your specific circumstances, so we can avoid these situations in the future.

While we do have "Please no smoking near front entrance" signs posted, unfortunately guests do not always abide by this. We have and will continue to instruct staff to remind guests that no smoking is allowed within 15 feet of the front entrance, per Illinois state law. We do thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have always and will continue to encourage our staff to engage in friendly conversation and to portray wonderful service with each one of our valued guests.

Again we thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We hope that you will give our hotel another try in the near future, and we can provide you with an experience that lives up to your expectations.

Nina Witowski
Guest Services Manager
India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

It's a lovely place to stay... very cosy... no frills.

About 1/2 r drive from Chicago O'hare airport.

Very warm and helpful staff. Clean, well equipped rooms... beautiful patio... breaka on the house, and sundowners too...! Proximity to offices, and excellent shuttle facility on all week days to take you to stores/malls nearby in case you do not drive/have a rental.

Lotsa greenery all around... :) just beautiful!

Room Tip: For a good view, book 3rd floor room!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Madison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

This hotel was clean, safe and quiet. Very nice location. Only about 17 miles from IKEA.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
3.7 km away
4.4 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bannockburn-Deerfield
1.7 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Vernon Hills - Lincolnshire

Been to Staybridge Suites Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK