All reviews front desk place to stay past few years hotel breakfast clean rooms worked fine parking lot free breakfast restaurants and shopping the manager's reception three nights nice breakfast staff was very friendly great customer service pancake maker wedding party munich
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I primarily stayed here because of the proximity to my work. I also stayed because I found out in other reviews that they had a 24 hour pool and hot tub. Too few hotels have this policy. I work "strange hours" so this is a major benefit. During my stay, I found out that this place is what ALL Holiday Inn Express hotels should strive to be. The rooms were spotless and well equipped. The staff was top notch. The hotel was renovated recently. I was able to visit the manager's reception during one of my nights and it was a great experience. The GM was actually there serving food, wine, and beer, and most importantly thanking his guests for staying. Breakfast was better than you would expect from an HIE. I will absolutely stay there when I am in the area next time. I know that anything I needed they would provide. See you again soon.

Room Tip: No highways nearby. Back side of the hotel has a pond and trees.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for over a week. We checked into 2 separate rooms.

Pros- Hotel staff is great.
Remodeled hotel lobby is very nice.
Breakfast is pretty good - warning the eggs taste like they were made with a 3 D printer (not real eggs?).
Pool and Jacuzzi are open 24/7.
The beds are comfortable.

Cons- huge stains on the hotel room carpet in one of the hotel rooms. The stain was sticky when stepped on with my bare feet.
Toilets would not flush correctly had to hold the handle down to allow the toilet to flush (both rooms).
Exhaust fans for both restrooms did not work- mirrors steamed up after a shower.
TV in work out room did not work.
Porporri smell in the 2 rooms was overwhelming? Porporri power can not take the place of a clean room.

Overall we enjoyed the hotel stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Robin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties with your rooms during your stay. We will certainly be addressing the issues you have brought to our attention. I hope you'll have another chance to stay with us where we can show you our improvements. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed a few nights for a wedding. Shuttle to/from reception was convenient and driver was friendly. Staff at hotel very nice and hotel room very comfortable. But the standout feature was the complementary breakfast. I've had other hotel breakfast and is so-so, you know that you get what you pay for (i.e. free). At this place not only was there a wide variety, but everything was excellent. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, omelets, cinnamon rolls all delicious. Definitely a good place to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Robin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were delighted with our breakfast. This has been an area of focus for our team, so we will be sure to pass on your compliments.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this property. Friendly staff that seem to enjoy being there to make you feel at home. Nice breakfast, fresh clean rooms.
We have drifted away from holiday in property in the past few years because of their no pets allowed policy in many of their hotels. Thank you Lake Zurich for welcoming our well behaved 4 legged family member.

Our daughters live in the area so we will be back again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Robin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

If you need a convenient hotel in the Barrington suburbs, this is it. Newly remodeled, all clean and super close to everything. Not to mention the Starbucks across the parking lot! Typical breakfast, but always prepared and hot. Desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Robin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review and the 5 star rating. We are pleased with our remodel and happy to welcome everyone to our hotel. Hope to see you again soon.