All reviews front desk place to stay past few years hotel breakfast clean rooms worked fine parking lot free breakfast restaurants and shopping the manager's reception three nights nice breakfast staff was very friendly great customer service pancake maker wedding party munich
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Newer hotel. Attentive staff. Clean rooms. Small but adequate pool open 24/7. Can't do laps but plenty of room for water aerobics (early am before others come) and for children to play. Fitness room with 4 cardio machines and some medicine balls. Breakfast was typical for a freebie. Dry cereals, instant oatmeal meal, breads and Danish, hard boiled/shelled eggs, scrabbled eggs (boxed), pancake machine, sausage, bacon, juices, coffee and tea. WIFI is slow in the room but much faster in public places.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2016

My go to place when I am in a jam. I can always count on clean rooms, a place to workout, and morning breakfast. Holiday inn is always dependable. I appreciate the staff and the amenities. Always go here when on road

Room Tip: All rooms are cool
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Robin L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive comments. I am glad to hear that we are delivering on our promises to you. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My husband had a conference in the area, so my two young boys and I tagged along. We were greeted warmly. Our room was upgraded for free and we really appreciated the extra space. My boys and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub all day while my husband was at the conference. We slept great and everything was clean and pleasant. There's a fantastic park across the street and about every store or restaurant you'd want within just a short drive. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Robin L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

We were literally just there for 6 hours to sleep, the room was clean, bed was very comfortable for the 5 hours of sleep I got, the breakfast was wonderful eggs, bacon, coffee was good too. Coffee in room was a plus.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your stay, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

David and Jimmy at the front desk were fantastic! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The property was clean, rooms, lobby and breakfast area. Rooms were Ok with a fridge.
The reason this hotel get's 3 stars is the fitness room. The cardio equipment was not adequate for home use let alone being in a hotel fitness center. Several pieces of the cardio equipment was not working. I let the management know on Tuesday the equipment was not working. On Friday when I left the equipment was still not fixed. They had several sets of dumb bells and a bench that was not safe use. It is obvious that the hotel has no interest in providing quality fitness equipment for the guests. For this reason I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Dear Cory H,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business with us. I am glad to read your positive feedback on the fantastic and friendly service received from our staff. However, we are truly sorry if your stay was not a complete satisfactory due to the condition of the amenities in the fitness center. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. Rest assured that this will be addressed immediately to the hotel management and actions will be taken accordingly in order to meet our guests' needs and satisfaction.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Divina P.