“Very Clean and Relaxing and Accept Dogs”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Zurich
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I really enjoyed our week long stay here with family and a dog.
Park across the street, malls nearby to eat, very friendly staff. Clean rooms.
Good sleeps.

Room Tip: A room facing away from road and upper floor is nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Our room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. I loved the options in pillow firmness! The breakfast was ok - I don't bother with the "fake" eggs and stuck with yogurt and toast. We saw the weak coffee and decided to walk across the parking lot to Starbucks to get a real cup of coffee.
The hotel staff was very accomodating and provided a shuttle ride for us to attend a party in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
HolidayInn Z, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate the nice comments regarding the room and the staff as we strive to deliver excellence with each and every guest. More importantly I appreciate the comments regarding the breakfast and coffee as this has allowed to address any short comings and make corrections where necessary. We appreciate your business and taking the time to provide your feedback.

Jessica Neville

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I travel Illinois and Indiana professionally. The buffet breakfast has the best (most varied) selection of food items I've experienced. Only the occasional hotel that has a real person making your eggs or hotcakes top this. Plus, I was a late eater and I noticed the room was as clean as at 6:00 a.m. Compliments to the staff for keeping it a place you want to eat in.

A special thanks to Kyle for fixing my TV after the cable guys had been tinkering in the PBX room.

cc9565

p.s. The pancake machine...I remember my first waffle machine where you pour your own batter...this thing..press a button and out they roll..almost like a no-window car wash. Cool!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel was exactly what I was looking for. No frills, meticulously clean and close to the events I had going on. As a Holiday Inn Express you don't expect the high end amenities, but I will say this room was absolutely spotless, the employees were very pleasant and the entire stay was very nice.

The breakfast can be hit and miss. The first day it was scrambled eggs and bacon, biscuits, gravy, etc. It was very good. However, the next morning the scrambled eggs were replaced by a cheese omlet looking thing that actually crunched when I bit in. The bacon was replaced by a nasty looking sausage.

But that did not disuade me from giving this a 5-star ranking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was surprised to see that the hotel and an extensive warm breakfast. I've seen just a waffle maker and that's it but they had eggs, bacon and very warm cinnabuns in addition to all the staples like cereal, drinks, bagels, toast etc. The beds and sheets were comfortable. The pool and hot tub was clean. This hotel is not too old so it is to be expected. I would consider staying here with kids or on business. We stayed with the kids while our floors were getting refinished. Holiday Inn has improved a lot over the years.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
14.5 km away
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
#1 of 4 in Crystal Lake

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK