“Only a couple years old but going downhill a little”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Zurich
Toledo, Ohio
“Only a couple years old but going downhill a little”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

This is a very new hotel but the maintenance is dropping off a bit. Looks like housekeeping cuts corners. All in all pretty okay. Like all Holiday Inn Express, the free breakfast is horrible and the coffee is cold, weak, and disgusting. Starbucks 100 feet outside the front door though

• Stayed November 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I live in the area and was looking to have a nice weekend getaway with my girlfriend. I weighed the local options and decided on this hotel based on conversations with acquaintances, positive reviews, and great reputation of the brand.

This hotel not only met but far exceeded my expectations. The personal service was comparable to a 4 star, downtown locations I frequent. The hotel was amazingly clean, the staff was phenomenal, the location was great, the room was spotless, and the 24 hour hot tub was a unique bonus! Additionally, the suite I had the privy of staying in had its own hot tub, amazing!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone; whether just passing through, a romantic evening, or business event. A steal! I would rate it an A++

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The good:
1) Nice room.
2) Average breakfast

The bad:
1) Location - It is set back in a strip mall type location. Several people who attended my wedding had trouble spotting it.
2) I gave them over 20 booked rooms and they were unable to provide me a free room or even shuttle service for the times I needed (unlike other area hotels). The big problem is they only have one shuttle that runs.
3) Internally, there is no communication as I received multiple calls about the shuttles from different people.

Overall, I regret not booking the Hampton Inn. They provide a free room for the bride and groom and offer shuttle service.

Room Tip: Try the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
HolidayInn Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
We appreciate your feedback and value your comments. I am so sorry to hear of any inconveniences that you or your guests had during their stay. The hotel prides it’s self on handling numerous weddings annually and I am so sorry to hear that your stay fell below your expectations. We are committed to delivering uncompromising service to each and every guest and I would like the opportunity to further discuss this with you. I do not have any contact information regarding who you are and I would love to assist you in any way I can. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Jessica Neville
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The hotel was clean, and the employees were very helpful with local information. The food bar was excellent. We had and enjoyable four day stay while in Lake Zurich attending a wedding. The hotel van would take us to the mall and pick us up after the shopping was finished.
R & S

Room Tip: Book early, stay on upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed here 3 nights as this was the host hotel for the Norge Ski Club located in nearby Fox River Grove, IL. The hotel is very clean and the rooms were great! The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were awesome - I usually travel with my own bed pillow and forgot it this time! The breakfast was decent The Pool is big and the kids had fun! The only downfall I felt is that the hotel is set back away from the road behind some other businesses, so it is hard to see and find at first. We will definitely stay here again for our next trip to the Norge Ski Club!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Nev_3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for your great feedback. It was a pleasure having the Norge Ski attendees and participants as our guests. We look foward to serving you again next year and hope you will have just as great (if not better) of an experience!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Zurich
14.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
10.6 km away
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Zurich-Barrington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK