“Brisket and Fun with friends”
Review of Haze Smokehouse

Haze Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in LaSalle
Reviewed 11 December 2015

First of all, when you come into Haze's - it's literally buzzing with so much noise, this reminds me of a sports type bar. I love it there and I never feel unwelcome. It's warm, inviting and definitely a friends night out place!
We sat by the kitchen both times we went and it's so neat to watch the food being cooked right in front of you - I think I really liked this the most.
I wanted to try some new things, but I can't say no to the brisket and veggie kabobs - so I'm sorry, this is just for this dish. Brisket is absolutely amazing - both times I went, I saw the smoke ring and the meat was pink and so flavorful. I can't get over the rub they use - it's the best I've ever had. I like the fact you can add whichever sauce you want, but I never do - that brisket is just that good!
I was with friends and we all got a couple of the appetizers, but I only tried the pretzel sticks and fried green tomatoes. The pretzel was exactly what you'd think - nothing too flashy, but if you like pretzels and you like cheese - well, you got it! The fried green tomatoes remind me of when I was a kid and my mom used "fry magic" on all our fried foods - it really took me back and they were great. I was a little thrown off by the shrimp, but I like shrimp too - so whatever.
All of our drinks were quality - strong and the service we got was amazing. Both times I've been in there or driven by, it's packed.
In the summertime they have all kinds of outdoor music if that's your thing...it's kind of a IV thing as the owner is a big rock star in these parts!
In May 2016, they will be holding a world record electric guitar thingy, so look them up online and find out when that is. It will be a good time, I guarantee it as the friends of Haze Lee Finn are awesome musicians.

1  Thank KristinesShower

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

Very friendly hostess and from there it was downhill.
The wine list was minimal and seemed to contain convenient store or grocery store brands.
Wide variety of appetizers. My friend had the pretzels and PBR cheese dip. I tasted a small bite of each and know pretzels were frozen and cheese dip was just OK- texture appeared to be canned sauce- in all fairness though I only had one small bite of it.
The sampler platter was recommended so we split that-I had to use my appetizer plate, my friend got a new appetizer sized plate. I was underwhelmed with the amount of food for $24. The sauces are served on the side- the hot sauce from behind the counter was the best of the four. The pulled pork was dry, seemed over cooked, no smoky pink color to be found. The hot sausage was excellent and I'm not fond of sausage. The brisket was ok, again no ring of smoke or hint of pink which would indicate slow smoking. The chicken was dark meat I sliced off a small bit of the leg and it was mediocre, at best.
The fries were not crispy- not many potato options for sides, so I expected the fries to be top notch- they were NOT. The other side was poblano Mac and cheese. The texture of cheese sauce was the same as texture of PBR dip but lighter in color.
Glad I tried it after hearing all the talk however I won't give this place a second chance, I tried what was recommended and sampled the "specialties", I wish there was something special about even one of the items, unfortunately, not the case.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Went to Haze Smokehouse with 7 other friends, shared a total of 4 full racks of ribs. The ribs were really good, and the barbecue sauces were amazing. The meal was a little pricey ($24 for the full rack of ribs with 2 sides), and the sides were very small, but overall given the taste and good service, this is a pretty decent meal and I would recommend it for those in the area

1  Thank ss-hao
Reviewed 27 October 2015

All aspects were well above first rate,LaSalle was directly in need of some good bar b Que.All dry RUB,not cheap but you get what you pay for

1  Thank idapaul
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

We stopped for lunch after hiking at Starved Rock and were starved. The bbq was excellent we tried the sampler plate and the grilled ceaser salad. Candied bacon on the salad was awesome. Our server Josh was outstanding and knowledgeable. The 3 sauces tableside were tasty goodness. Ribs ..Great..Brisket peppery and moist....chicken crispy skinned delicious..pulled pork was delicate and soft. .sweet potato tots yum..no room for deserts. Next time...
Highly recommended.

1  Thank WeThereYet

Been to Haze Smokehouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK