“Great BBQ and the top secret sauce that just makes everything take so good.”
Review of Dixie Barbecue

Dixie Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Dixie is a favorite around town as a great place to eat. The atmosphere reminds you of an old restaurant from the 50's and the food is so good. I esp. like the top secret sauce and the pig salads.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Grew up eating this delicious BBQ. The recipes taste a bit different than I remember, but I still dream about the slaw BBQ sandwich and onion rings. Took 5 of my friends on a drive from Breese just for a BBQ. All left saying they had never experienced the shaved meat nor the addition of the slaw to the sandwich. I ordered an XL slaw just for myself. (I believe the waitress thought I was joking.) If the Dixie would only offer Ski soda, it would be a gourmet restaurant!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I would be hard pressed to say this place served BBQ. I have had better BBQ in Canada......and they think gravy on fries is delicious.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Eating here is like stepping back in time. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the bbq sandwich, cheeseburger and fries. Their bbq sauce is unique, and I preferred it on my fries in place of catsup. Staff very friendly. We'd stop again if passing through.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Hometown favorite... small BBQ place with excellent quality food. Staff is always friendly and food is always delicious. My family and friends try to go at least once a week. Ever in or through Jonesboro illinois it's a must stop