Review Highlights
Take a drone

I got some amazing video with my drone here. When we visited there were no tours and the prison was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Matty C
via mobile
Prison Tours Now Being Conducted

Tours of the Old Joliet Prison began about 3 1/2 weeks ago. They are $20 per person and last about... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Mar L
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews blues brothers correctional facility walls could talk great tourist attraction piece of history take pictures route filmed vandalism jake fence movie alcatraz tours elmwood penitentiary mission
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped as we were staying the night in Joliet.
The only area available for access is the parking lot. There are quite a few informational signs to read which was nice.
I wish there were tours as there is so much history here. Right now the prison sits idle and the vandals are tearing it up.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Went here on my birthday weekend, love walking around and taking pictures. Just wish there was a tour we could’ve done to see the inside. There are plaques outside in the parking lot showing what movies/shows were filmed there. Prison break being one of them!

Reviewed 12 January 2018

This stop was on our 'To Do' list for our Rte 66 trip. If those walls could talk, was on my mind as we drove around the building. It is formidable in many ways. A monument in American history, documented in numerous movies, but most recognized in the Blues Brothers Film. Ironically, vandalism from the outside by ruffians that should be contained inside the walls, mars the majesty of the building. Well worth the stop when going through Joliet.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

If I had a few million laying around i'd buy this up and turn it into a hotel/museum with a blues brother theme playing a concert at least once a week!! so sad that this is falling apart - but glad I crossed this off my to do list!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Inconvenient to get there but well worth it! It's just as eerie as expected. Such a historical site plus we are huge Blues Brothers fans. Needs to be a restored historical site. Fun, interesting site.