“Monumental Historic Icon”
Review of Joliet Prison

Joliet Prison
Reviewed 12 January 2018

This stop was on our 'To Do' list for our Rte 66 trip. If those walls could talk, was on my mind as we drove around the building. It is formidable in many ways. A monument in American history, documented in numerous movies, but most recognized in the Blues Brothers Film. Ironically, vandalism from the outside by ruffians that should be contained inside the walls, mars the majesty of the building. Well worth the stop when going through Joliet.

All reviews
"paranormal"
"eerie"
"mission"

Reviewed 29 December 2017

If I had a few million laying around i'd buy this up and turn it into a hotel/museum with a blues brother theme playing a concert at least once a week!! so sad that this is falling apart - but glad I crossed this off my to do list!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Inconvenient to get there but well worth it! It's just as eerie as expected. Such a historical site plus we are huge Blues Brothers fans. Needs to be a restored historical site. Fun, interesting site.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This meant nothing to me. My husband watched the Blues Brothers a million years ago and wanted to visit. Nice building though. Would make a great hotel. I suppose it has to be done if travelling on Route 66.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I went there because I did a small tour of almost all Blues Brothers filming locations (just Google for complete movie locations guides and you'll find multiple). This is one of the most famous but hasn't been used as a prison for many years. It is now guarded because there were too many break ins and fires. City should buy it as a tourist attraction: a small movie section and some escape room attractions will fit right in.

Been to Joliet Prison? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK