“Top BBQ Restraunt is top!”
Review of Top BBQ Restaurant

Top BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 111 Restaurants in Dee Why
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2015

We have been ordering from Paul at Top BBQ restaurant Dee Why for the last 8 years....Paul always looks after us, and the quality and value of the delicious food is always consistent. My favourite is the duck and bbq pork combination...and my husband loves the crispy shredded beef in tangy sauce (which is hard to find in here..he is used to finding it easily in the UK)...so if you want a reliable, good value local Chinese...try Top BBQ...

Reviewed 5 February 2015

Always try to find a new restaurant but keep going back the food is that good . Its not a place to dress up and the décor is certainly dated ,probably needs demolishing, but its a great local( the old fashioned local Chinese but better ) where you can relax and the bill is not going to shock you, service good and the food is amazing and good value for a couple or a group. Recommend the salt and pepper egg plant, Shandong chicken and the items on the specials boards, all yummy. Would suggest booking in busy periods or for a group. Licenced and BYO. They do a lot of takeaway but I think the food is not designed as a take away so I can understand the previous review comments. Go there and try.

Reviewed 24 November 2014

We were recommended this place by a family member who eats in there, so worth a try as it's always hard these days to find a great Chinese restaurant as our favourite of 20 years has gone down hill.

We didn't eat in and had home delivery instead.

The order took 45mins, which is not a concern and as expected.

The order arrived and the clear plastic bag which the bottom of the bag was clearly containing the remnants of one of our dishes.

Having only notice one I got inside the driver had made a quick exit before I could even comment.

Unless he was blind he would have been well aware a dish had opened.

The lamb pancakes were ok, however the meat was a little oily and the pancakes themselves came wrapped in a bit of cling film which had opened and hence half the pancakes themselves were thrown about, covered in sauce and ripped - surly they should just put them in a take away container.

Szechuan prawns were a stand out and something we would recommend but unfortunately the only thing we could recommend.

The fried rice was just terrible and the only way to describe it was, it was as though each rice grain had been so overcooked and over worked the grains had disintegrated so it was bits of rice grains and the texture was terrible and something we didn't eat more than a few spoon fulls - oh and the rice itself was yellow in colour.

The mixed vegetables in oyster sauce looked like they were cooked a week ago, ie no vibrant fresh green colour that you expect, just limp and awful to eat.

All in all we'd not order from here again, but perhaps the food is better eating in - never the less we are still trying to find a new great delivery restaurant as this one should be embarrassed by their food via home delivery....

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 25 October 2014

Wow, I have lived in Dee why for 35 years and have only just found this long standing gem. The decor is basic but the staff are attentive and the food is delicious and cheap. I am a duck fanatic and their boneless pepper duck was extraordinary. I'm coming back soon :-)

Reviewed 15 October 2014

We have been ordering from Top BBQ for many years. I lived in Hong Kong and loved the char sieu pork and duck...and was lucky to find the food I wanted when I came back to live on the Northern Beaches. My husband, (originally from the UK) loves crispy shredded beef and tangy sauce, a popular dish in UK, but less popular here..so he was happy to find that Top BBQ did a really good version of it. We have our food home delivered.

Our kids are now enjoying Chinese food too. The quality and value is good and the delivery is usually very quick.

We love being rewarded as a loyal customer when every so often we get one a complimentary "favourite dish" included in our order. We will continue to support Top BBQ and hope that they maintain the quality and service...Thanks..Julie from North Manly