“great home-away-from-home”

Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Halifax, Canada
“great home-away-from-home”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were visiting family last week and stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a family member. We had wonderful service from very attentive staff. The hotel was clean and bright and the beds were comfortable
We had daily breakfast there and one evening meal--the food and service were great.
We have had some not so great experiences at Holiday inns so were reluctant to book there but this hotel is top-notch,very clean with exceptional staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had a surprise party for my wife in the private dining room and the renovated facilty was the perfect place. The price was right, the service was spectacular and the food was delicious. I can't say enough about the catering manager Patti and Ulyana who went out of their way to make this party a very special one. We did not stay overnight so I cannot comment on these services and the rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Very decent business-class hotel in Itasca, near O'Hare. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Appears newly renovated. Pool and hot tub were very nice. Staff was helpful and friendly. Kem's restaurant (on site) is a good restaurant, with reasonable prices and good food. Holiday Inns have come a long, long way in the last few years. This compared favorably to most Hilton's I have stayed at. I would certainly stay here again. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed her this past weekend, and everything was okay until we went to the pool area and the hot tub was cold and the jets didn't even work. We didn't make a big deal and decided to just come back later on after dinner since the pool didn't close till 11 pm. We get back and go down to the pool around 10pm and its already closed! We ask the front desk and they say its closed because the hot tub is broken. We were very upset because the main reason we came to the hotel was to go swimming and relax in the hot tub. We then said okay and decided we would just come back down in the morning. We come back down the next morning around 10am and there is someone cleaning the pool! So we couldn't even use the pool but we did go in the hot tub for a little bit. We even brought this up to the front desk as we were checking out and they didn't even seem to care the slightest. I guess they don't like business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cathy m
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Cathy m,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Itasca. I apologize that the pool/hot tub was temporarily out of service at the time you visited. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the maintenance staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Itasca hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The staff is nice. The room is well designed with a sofa and flat screen tv. I stay a week when I travel, so I am marking this in my mental notebook for future visits to Chicago. It is conveniently located to the expressways and side streets. There are abundant dining options in the nearby area. This is my first stay here, but will not be my last. As many have stated, the hotel was recently remodelled, and the whole atmosphere is clean and tidy. I love my room.

Room Tip: The top floors are the quietest.