All reviewsgolf coursebowling alleyfire pitseparate buildingnorth towerconference centerminute massagesteam roomfamily reunionjunior suiteshuttle servicebreakfast buffetindoor poolbusiness tripdowntown chicagoeddieweekend
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Placed near the office and that was the sole purpose of this hotel. I was warmly welcomed and got the necessary information and when the rental arrived I was given a call. The rooms are fairly large and well equipped although the view I had from the room was at a rooftop not the most interesting view.
Breakfast was good and solid.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Andreas S
Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

It was our pleasure to welcome you to our resort for your business trip. It is nice that our team made you feel welcomed here and that you were impressed with our spacious rooms. We welcome your input and we will share your comments with our team. We are glad that you had an overall excellent stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon to our resort.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I was very displeased with the service and cleanliness/condition of the resort. My husband and I ultimately decided not to stay the weekend. Our first room wasn't clean and the second room was better, but had a huge stain in the carpet. Despite the second room's carpet being stained, we were going to stay after alerting the front desk as we didn't want to be charged for something we didn't do. My husband spoke with the front desk and we then headed downstairs to the restaurant for lunch. There were three young people working, two men and a woman, and none of them took the time to greet or even offer to seat us. We weren't acknowledged in any way. That was what l helped me make up my mind that I didn't want to stay at the resort. I was ready to leave after the second room, but had driven an hour to get there so we were going to make it work. I have never been to such a highly rated hotel/resort and experienced these issues. I will not attempt to stay again as I didn't feel like my business was appreciated. And the property isn't being properly cared for, some things can be done to make it more appealing and it is not. What was supposed to be a fun romantic weekend getaway was nothing more than a frustrating waste of my and my husband's time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andreadavis1122
Management response:Responded 26 September 2017

Providing our guests with the highest standard of customer service is what we strive for, and we regret you were not fully satisfied. Please know that your stay does not reflect the high standards that we aim to achieve and your comments will be addressed with our team so we are on top of our game. It is our hope that you will give our resort another try so we can impress you the next time you stay here. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

This holiday weekend was my fourth visit to this Resort. In the past we received beautiful rooms and had beautiful service. This time it wasn't as nice. From the very beginning we were shamed by the front for using a debit card instead of a credit card with the person checking us giving us a snide "You know this is not a credit card it's a debit card so the charges go right through." Why would we not have the money for a room we reserved? She also gave us only one key to the room saying that they were short on key cards.

In the past, we were always in rooms that had a balcony so we had no idea there are rooms that do not have a balcony. This time they put us in a room that did not have a balcony. We called the front desk right away and asked for a room with a balcony even if it cost more. They moved us to a room with a balcony but the balcony door was very difficult to open and the screen door was torn. We called again and we were moved again and this time the room was fine. I must admit all the while our Bellman, Patrick, was very patient and very kind and he went to get the new room keys for us and accommodated us with a breakfast voucher. (Notice I said "keys" because this time they gave us two keys.) With that behind us we decided to eat in the restaurant that evening instead of venturing out. In the beginning our waitress was very attentive but she fell off and left us there for a very long time waiting for the check. I had to ask some of the other waitresses to go get her because she came in and out of the dining area to serve other guests but when I tried to get her attention she just put her finger up to me as to say one minute and she never came back. It was awful. We felt completely ignored. We left her a good tip none-the-less because we did not want to justify her treating us the way she did. The rest of the trip went smoothly. The customer service and professionalism in the spa is excellent. We visited the bar and the bartender was attentive and made awesome drinks. We ordered hot wings which were also awesome. On my other visits I would have given this resort 5 stars but this time it was completely different. I know they had a few weddings going on but they had weddings going on when we have visited before and we have never been treated with such disrespect at the front desk. It was difficult to shake and relax and enjoy after that but we managed. With three good trips and this one being the only bad trip I will give them another chance in the future based on my past experiences, not this one.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Chanel B
Management response:Responded 6 September 2017

Even though it is nice that you enjoyed the spa, we do apologize that you were not as satisfied with your stay as much as your previous ones. This is not acceptable behavior, and we will speak to the front desk and the team at the restaurant about your concerns. This is not reflective in the usual standard of service that we provide, and we will have our team make improvements. We are glad that Patrick resolved your concern to your satisfaction with the keys and that you were impressed with your room. We hope to win you over completely next time at our resort. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Our group had a 2-day business retreat at the resort. It's a sprawling site with a golf course and conference facilities with a Frank Lloyd Wright - lite motif (interior decor seems a tip of the hat to Wright, but the layout and interiors might have made him wince.

My room was in the "North Tower" a brisk 3 minute walk from the lobby. The tower rooms are shaped like pie wedges. The bed was comfortable and the room good sized. On the one hand, the layout is a bit odd. On the other, it is not a cookie cutter suburban Hilton or Marriott.

The hotel espouses an interest in being "green" that plays out in part by having shampoo dispensers built into the shower wall. The rooms were clean, but light switches on some lamps were not easy to locate. The overall ambience of room lighting at night was dim. The Green Tower elevator cabs were a bit shabby and had a musty smell.

The conference facility was comfortable and well set up, although the WiFi bandwidth was slow with many of us online simultaneously.

The food (buffet style) was average in taste and range. I did get significant stomach cramps and nausea after one meal, but I don't think others in the group were affected.

Overall, I would recommend it as a potential conference site within a reasonable drive from ORD, but the location is fairly isolated. It's about 27 miles from the Loop.

Room Tip: Golf course view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 September 2017

It was our pleasure to welcome you to our resort for your business retreat. We are an IACC-certified conference space, so it is nice that you were impressed with our meeting rooms. We are glad that you had a relaxing stay in your stylish room. However, we do apologize that you were not satisfied with the lighting of your room and the food that we offer. Information like this is helpful as we strive to provide the best amenities. We will speak to our team about making updates with the food and the rooms and we appreciate you letting us know. We hope to win you over completely next time at our resort. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Older, somewhat updated facility. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Very nice to have a balcony overlooking the golf course.
Disappointed there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room.
The outdoor dining and fire pit were fabulous! Live music both Friday and Saturday evenings!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 August 2017

It was our pleasure to welcome you to our resort. It is nice that you had a relaxing stay and that you were impressed with the beautiful views from your room. We are glad that you had an excellent time hanging out at the fire pit as it is a great place to socialize. However, we do want to let you know that we have refrigerators and microwaves available upon request for a small fee and we regret that you were not aware of this information. We will share your comments with our team and we appreciate you letting us know about everything. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back soon to our resort.