All reviews golf course bowling alley fire pit separate building north tower conference center minute massage steam room family reunion junior suite shuttle service breakfast buffet indoor pool business trip downtown chicago eddie weekend
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent. Service was helpful. The view of the golf from the terrace was beautiful. also had perfect weather that day. The only thing that was a problem was going from the terrace to the dinning hall was a bit of a walk.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

What an excellent review. It is nice to read that you consider everything from our food to our customer service to be amazing. However, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you had with the layout of our property. We will share your comments with our team as we value your input. We are glad that you had an overall excellent stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon to our resort.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

My husband and I had our wedding here recently. The place was chaos as the venue booked a religious gathering that sold out the hotel. They did not give us a chance to extend our room block even though we had our event booked for over a year. Eaglewood allowed another event to take over their hotel and they lost control. My advice to anyone planning a wedding is to book a venue that only hosts one event a night. Our guests could barely get through the lobby area it was so crowded, NO luggage carts were available, our DJ barely had enough equipment to set up as Eaglewood devoted all of their resources to the other event. There is a shared bathroom between the main ballroom and the tented pavilion. The other event took over the hallways, were telling our guests they could not use their bathroom as they walked around with no shoes on and completely trashed it. They completely overbooked their hotel that weekend which was extremely disappointing. Hotel is older, room are somewhat updated, but strange layout. No refrigerators in the rooms either.
The food is very good and I am sure if the hotel doesn't screw you over by overbooking the venue the shared common areas would be nice.
All in all, our other vendors were so great, they made the day so special! Our wedding was not ruined by this at all, but because of the overbooking and Eaglewoods inability to control their other guests, I am giving a low rating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank jmar89
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

We appreciate your comments. Even though you enjoyed the vendors and the food, we do apologize that our property was busy. We want to let you know that we do care about each one of our guests and we will speak to our team about managing everything at our resort. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Practically nothing about this hotel is the truth it is not a non-smoking property, you reserve a room and they give you the wrong room, they are very unhelpful, there's water leaking over the check-in desk and oh yes it's only condensation seriously. The free WiFi does not exist even after talking to the internet company it would not work. There is a parking fee even though it's supposed to be free. They don't listen to you as a customer they make you pay for your coffee and even your water surprised they don't make you pay for your toilet paper. No fridge or microwave in any room which forces you to buy from their stores and restaurants. Went in to make my reservation was cheaper at hotels.com they wouldnt honor that site so I had to book on hotels.com. over $30 per night savings. After all the problems I decided I wasn't going to stay tried to cancel it at the hotel couldn't. Cancellation had to be done through hotels.com and then the Hotel refused to answer their phone calls and messages or emails to cancel. Had to call hotels.com again in the afternoon they finally got ahold of the hotel after I spoke to the manager on duty and finally got it cancelled. Instead of putting me in the room that I requested a king with a balcony they put me in a Queen room on ground floor right on the golf course with security as no concern to them. Any decent hotel knows that a woman traveling alone does that want to be on the ground floor especially in front of all the people playing golf. The spa and Recreation Area was out in the open so there was no way to get there without getting wet because it did nothing but rain. Steam room wreaked of mold and mildew towels left on the floor due to water coming in. Building has been neglected. Charged me an early check-in fee of $30. I could go on and on I would never in a million years recommend this hotel

Room Tip: don't book this hotel you will regret it got there at 1:30 in the morning people were screaming they never said a word to them.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank flipfloppuddles
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

We appreciate your comments. This is certainly not what we hope to offer our valued guests and we would like to apologize sincerely for any inconveniences during your stay. We do want to let you know our resort fee includes in-room coffee and bottled water and we have refrigerators available upon request for a small fee. In regards to parking, there is complimentary self-parking and there is a fee if you want to use valet parking. At our resort, we offer complimentary Wi-Fi and we will work to improve this service. This is not typical of our location and it is not reflective in our usual standards of service. We never want our guests to feel frustrated in any way, and we will strive to deliver a high level of cleanliness and excellent customer service. We hope you will reach out to us directly if you have any more questions or concerns. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Nice place for a business meeting. Great causal sitting areas, comfortable meeting rooms with big windows and comfortable chairs. The food was good and snack bar for breaks offered lots of variety. Big patio with fire pit near the golf course too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

It is flattering to us that you consider our conference center to be an excellent place to host business meetings! We like to offer the best for our guests and it is nice that you enjoyed everything from our meeting rooms to our food. We will let our team know that you were very impressed. Thank you, and we hope to welcome you back soon to the Eaglewood Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I booked one night at the Eaglewood Resort at about 1pm. Less than 4 hours later, I found out the event I was attending in the area was cancelled. I went to my email confirmation and found that it was non refundable. I went back to the website and found that the prepay price was in small print and very easy to miss and it was not spelled out before I confirmed to charge my card. The auto phone system must have dumped my call into a never ending circle (55 minutes when I hung up). I called again and indicated that I was making a reservation not cancelling. I still spent 30 minutes on hold and was told they would not refund my reservation (less than 4 hours after I made it).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dianabeutner
Management response:Responded 12 July 2017

We appreciate your comments and we understand your frustrations. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences with cancelling your reservation. Receiving excellent customer service is important, so we will speak to our team about improving their services. We hope you will reach out to us directly so we can work together to resolve your concern. Thank you.