“Perfect Staycation Location!”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 October 2009

For those of you not familiar with Eaglewood Resort and Spa, it was formerly Nordic Hills Resort. It has gone through quite a transformation from when it use to be Nordic Hills. The resort is very easy to get to off of I-355. It may get a bit tricky seeing the street signs because it's close to the woods. You would never know it's there until the huge parking lot and hotel is right in front of you! It really makes you feel like you stepped off your super highway life and slowed down really fast by the time you step into the lobby. The resort has an 18 hole golf course that's been chosen to co-host the 2011 Ryders Cup and it is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and I love having a balcony! Ask for a golf course view when you stay, it's worth it. The Customer Service is very top notch! They are truly very friendly people and I've stayed in enough hotels to know a fake "service" smile from a genuine one. You have to try the carrot cake and their burgers. I am not usually a room service person but I had to test drive that part of the service for work (we are scouting for an event location) and I was impressed by the presentation, the timeliness and most of all the taste. The cherry on top of my stay? The bed. I don't usually sleep soundly in hotels - I didn't want to leave in the morning. I've stayed twice in this resort in the space of 2 months - once in a regular room and another in a Jr. Suite and it's the same - the beds are awesome!

Boy, I didn't even get to the outdoor firepit, outdoor bocce ball, indoor bowling alleys, fitness center, spa, indoor pool, and arcade center. I will warn you though that if you have little ones and you're staying during the cold season, the sports complex where all the stuff I just listed are located, is in a different building. You would have to walk outside to get to it. It's not far but we all know how heavy a 5 year can be when you have to do a sprint! The hotel does offer to take you and they have locker rooms in the complex.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 September 2009

We hoped that Eaglewood would provide a reasonably priced home base for a weekend in the Chicago area that would provide convenient access to golf and other resort amenities.

While the location worked out well, I am sad to say that we were terribly disappointed in the hotel.

On the positive side, we found the hotel to be clean.

On the negative side, we found both the attitude and the competency of the staff members to be surprisingly poor. The front-desk staff was not customer oriented and was as helpful as a computer on a bad day. The restaurant staff was rude and dismissive. The golf-course staff, when they could be found, provided three different answers to every question and seemed horribly mismanaged.

All in all, this was disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed here for two nights in connection with my son's wedding. The staff was friendly and competent. The room was nicely decorated, clean throughout, and very quiet. I liked the furnished balcony, too. Decor of the hotel aside from the rooms was a mixture of modern and something akin to a lodge. It is clearly a resort, and the golf course is a big part of its features. I would definitely stay here again. If you are thinking of staying here, pay attention to the hotel's own web site in order to get the best rate and check the web site from time to time before you actually go there to see if rates have gotten better than the one you booked. The AAA rate includes the big buffet breakfast for two.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I should have known at the booking. The clerk told me: "I can't find your wedding party, oh there it is, well we have no deal for you, you can book a regular room." Unfortunately that was the start. I would not be surprised if that was a switchboard operator as we checked in to our 2 queen (booked king) - contructed during the dark ages moderately kept room. At least they got the request for a top floor: we could tell by the watermark on the ceiling.

The topper was the room service:
"Breakfast for 2 we'll be up when we can"
30 minutes pass
"Let me check on your order sir and call you back"
5 minutes pass
"It will be there certainly in 5 minutes"
15 minutes pass
"What do you mean is not there yet? I think it should be by now. No sir, a manager is not available right now and yes you will have to pay for that."
---after relaying this to management they did offer complementary lunch and when we told them we were on our way out credited our bill

The only thing luxurious here is the Royal Pain.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chibiffard
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed for one night. We spent the afternoon playing games across the way at Dave and Buster's, then checked in and spent some time at the indoor pool. The rooms are nice--clean, modern. Had a nice dinner near Woodfield Mall, then went back and spent some time at the bowling alley. The score boards weren't working so they gave us a discount. Also played air hockey in the game room. After the kids went to bed, we were hoping to get a purchase of wine from room service, but there was nothing to be had and the woman at the front desk acted like we were crazy for suggesting such a thing. There was a bar in the lobby although it wasn't open. The breakfast buffett was a little pricey so we went to breakfast outside the hotel. Overall it was a nice place to stay during the winter with kids.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
4.3 km away
The Westin Chicago Northwest
1.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
1.8 km away
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
5.9 km away
Comfort Suites Lombard
Comfort Suites Lombard
#7 of 10 in Lombard
25.6 km away
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK