For those of you not familiar with Eaglewood Resort and Spa, it was formerly Nordic Hills Resort. It has gone through quite a transformation from when it use to be Nordic Hills. The resort is very easy to get to off of I-355. It may get a bit tricky seeing the street signs because it's close to the woods. You would never know it's there until the huge parking lot and hotel is right in front of you! It really makes you feel like you stepped off your super highway life and slowed down really fast by the time you step into the lobby. The resort has an 18 hole golf course that's been chosen to co-host the 2011 Ryders Cup and it is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and I love having a balcony! Ask for a golf course view when you stay, it's worth it. The Customer Service is very top notch! They are truly very friendly people and I've stayed in enough hotels to know a fake "service" smile from a genuine one. You have to try the carrot cake and their burgers. I am not usually a room service person but I had to test drive that part of the service for work (we are scouting for an event location) and I was impressed by the presentation, the timeliness and most of all the taste. The cherry on top of my stay? The bed. I don't usually sleep soundly in hotels - I didn't want to leave in the morning. I've stayed twice in this resort in the space of 2 months - once in a regular room and another in a Jr. Suite and it's the same - the beds are awesome!
Boy, I didn't even get to the outdoor firepit, outdoor bocce ball, indoor bowling alleys, fitness center, spa, indoor pool, and arcade center. I will warn you though that if you have little ones and you're staying during the cold season, the sports complex where all the stuff I just listed are located, is in a different building. You would have to walk outside to get to it. It's not far but we all know how heavy a 5 year can be when you have to do a sprint! The hotel does offer to take you and they have locker rooms in the complex.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale accommodations, luxurious amenities, technologically advanced conference facilities. Golf course and wellness spa. Newly renovations spacious, mission style guestrooms with mellow golds, deep reds and rich greens used throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Eaglewood Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Chicago
- Eaglewood Resort & Spa Chicago Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Hotel Chicago
- Eaglewood Hotel Itasca
- Eaglewood Resort And Spa Itasca Il