All reviewsgolf coursebowling alleyfire pitseparate buildingnorth towerconference centerminute massagesteam roomfamily reunionjunior suiteshuttle servicebreakfast buffetindoor poolbusiness tripdowntown chicagoeddieweekend
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We hoped that Eaglewood would provide a reasonably priced home base for a weekend in the Chicago area that would provide convenient access to golf and other resort amenities.

While the location worked out well, I am sad to say that we were terribly disappointed in the hotel.

On the positive side, we found the hotel to be clean.

On the negative side, we found both the attitude and the competency of the staff members to be surprisingly poor. The front-desk staff was not customer oriented and was as helpful as a computer on a bad day. The restaurant staff was rude and dismissive. The golf-course staff, when they could be found, provided three different answers to every question and seemed horribly mismanaged.

All in all, this was disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed here for two nights in connection with my son's wedding. The staff was friendly and competent. The room was nicely decorated, clean throughout, and very quiet. I liked the furnished balcony, too. Decor of the hotel aside from the rooms was a mixture of modern and something akin to a lodge. It is clearly a resort, and the golf course is a big part of its features. I would definitely stay here again. If you are thinking of staying here, pay attention to the hotel's own web site in order to get the best rate and check the web site from time to time before you actually go there to see if rates have gotten better than the one you booked. The AAA rate includes the big buffet breakfast for two.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I should have known at the booking. The clerk told me: "I can't find your wedding party, oh there it is, well we have no deal for you, you can book a regular room." Unfortunately that was the start. I would not be surprised if that was a switchboard operator as we checked in to our 2 queen (booked king) - contructed during the dark ages moderately kept room. At least they got the request for a top floor: we could tell by the watermark on the ceiling.

The topper was the room service:
"Breakfast for 2 we'll be up when we can"
30 minutes pass
"Let me check on your order sir and call you back"
5 minutes pass
"It will be there certainly in 5 minutes"
15 minutes pass
"What do you mean is not there yet? I think it should be by now. No sir, a manager is not available right now and yes you will have to pay for that."
---after relaying this to management they did offer complementary lunch and when we told them we were on our way out credited our bill

The only thing luxurious here is the Royal Pain.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chibiffard
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We stayed for one night. We spent the afternoon playing games across the way at Dave and Buster's, then checked in and spent some time at the indoor pool. The rooms are nice--clean, modern. Had a nice dinner near Woodfield Mall, then went back and spent some time at the bowling alley. The score boards weren't working so they gave us a discount. Also played air hockey in the game room. After the kids went to bed, we were hoping to get a purchase of wine from room service, but there was nothing to be had and the woman at the front desk acted like we were crazy for suggesting such a thing. There was a bar in the lobby although it wasn't open. The breakfast buffett was a little pricey so we went to breakfast outside the hotel. Overall it was a nice place to stay during the winter with kids.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I too was pleasantly surprised! We found the staff to be very accomodating from check-in to check-out. Our room was on the 7th floor and in the first tower. My husband had broken his ankles and after reading the reviews, I requested a room close to the lobby. We also have a small dog and the short walk to the outdoors was also very appreciated. Upon entering the room we found it to spacious, clean and refreshing. The large private balcony and windows made the room feel twice as big. The bathroom consists of a commode and tub, with the sink, mirror and blowdryer just outside the door, which is how my family prefers it to be. When someone is in the shower everyone else can still use the mirror and sink to get ready =) The feel of the lobby is cozy resort, the business area offered us internet access, and the pool area was the nicest I've been in, in a very long time! The pool was huge compared to others, they play a movie on screen for guests (Nemo at the time) and offer a locker room with keys upon request, wooden lockers, a changing area, showers and extra towels. The jacuzzi felt fabulous after longs days of walking the Magnificent Mile =) My girls thought the steam room and sauna were great! We had the spring break package that included 1 hour of bowling a day and the breakfast buffet each morning. The bowling was fun and the staff was great! There's also a bar and pool table, but this too is in the building with the pool. And yes, you do have to walk across the parking lot which was a super big downfall. If only they had an enclosed skywalk... it would be close to perfect! Unfortunately tho, a couple of the reviews regarding the food was true. We thought the breakfast buffet was great. Everyday there was something new and the chef prepared belgian waffles and omlettes at request. Hint... get there early! People (kids and parents without any courtesy) tent to stand in front of the hot line wating to get their waffle and omlette order in and dont seem to care much that others would like to get their breakfast too. The earlier we were there, the less kids =) My husband and I went down to the bar to watch the college basketball final 4 Monday night. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bar area and restaurant was smoke free =) It was also our 18th wedding anniversary so we ordered a couple of appetizers and prepared to enjoy our evening. But I'm sorry to say, the appetizers were awful. (we ordered the artichoke dip & pub chips) Tuesday night my teenage girls were in the mood for pizza and decided to order the "Pizza party". What they got was an overpriced very, VERY THIN frozen pizza. Very dissapointing to say the least. But other than the appetizers and pizza being a bust, we had a fabulous time. Hopefully they can improve on the downfalls of the appetizers. But for the spring break special that we recieved the price was unbeatable! It was 89.00/night with a 12.99/day resort usage for the family. The best price around that I could find (the breakfast alone would have cost us $40 a day!! and it was included!!), a pool, pet friendly, clean and friendly and a zippy 20 mins without traffic to downtown Chicago, AND a very short distance to "the 2nd largest mall in america"!! The staff, that I heard so many negative reviews about, even offered to drive us to walmart when I realized we forgot to pack hairspray =) I just want to say... you get a lot further with honey than you do with vinager. We treat others the way we would want to be treated. A smile, please and thank you's goes a looong way =) Customer service isn't the easiest area to work in, so if you treat people with respect and kindness, even when they make a mistake, you'll get the same back =)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family