All reviews golf course bowling alley fire pit separate building north tower conference center minute massage steam room family reunion junior suite shuttle service breakfast buffet indoor pool business trip downtown chicago eddie weekend
Reviewed 10 February 2008

This hotel is very unorganized. We booked a package for a weekend a month in advance for our 4 year anniversery. We checked in and she handed our card back to us because sopposedly our card wouldn't go through. Never had a problem with it before or anywhere else during our stay, we asked her to try it again then she said she got it to go through $100 at a time. Okay.. Then I verified with her we requested the highest floor possible and golf course view and she said ok. We went up to our room on the 6th floor opened the curtains to see the parking lot! So we went back down to ask for the room we asked for, then the girl said well we have a room like that but you'll have to pay $20 extra a night. I said no we requested that when we booked our room and they said no problem and I also requested that just 5 min ago when we checked in and she said no problem so the other girl heard the arguement and came over and said it would be ok. OK, so then we get to our room that was ok but definatly nothing special. The view and floor to ceiling windows is the only nice thing about it. We also had coupons that were included in our package for a bottle of wine and a spa amenity basket. Now getting those were like pulling teeth! I had to call all over the hotel just to get it and they acted like they had no idea what they were all about. You'd think they'd be on top of that and deliver them without having to basicly beg for it or even ask. They wern't things that were given to us by the hotel we actually paid for them in advance thinking they'd be in our room. We felt like we were inconviencing them. The spa actually seems like they pretty much have thier stuff together but the hotel.. Not good. And there not friendly about it at all. It's not my fault you don't know what your doing. I wont be back there again

Also you have to walk across the parking lot to the spa and pool area. It's not too relaxing to walk back to the hotel in the freezing cold after a nice, relaxing massage. I kinda takes the moment away.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Btskootincwgrl
Reviewed 7 January 2008

My husband bought me a package for my birthday last year, and we decided to use it. We booked our room and spa visit on Friday, for an overnighter, and had to give a cc# for booking. We got to the resort, and they couldn't find our reservation, so the girl looked for about 5 minutes, and finally found it. It turns out they had our name wrong even though we spelled it out while giving the cc info. We got to the room, and called to verify our appt for the Swedish massage, and were told they had nothing under our name, even though we booked the spa appt in advance first, and even gave the cc# to verify we were coming. As part of our package we got a basket of fruit cheese, and crackers, which was an orange, a red apple, and a green apple. The cheese came in a little container like the ones you get from the store deli, and the crackers were something called water crackers. We got a bottle of champagne, which was OK, and chocolate covered strawberries, which were very small, not what you would expect for chocolate strawberries at all. The room was OK, but the overall trip was a major disappointment!!

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank vacationNikki
Reviewed 31 December 2007

Our company regularly books group meetings at Eaglewood. It is in excellent condition and is a relaxing, low stress environment. I did not golf, but those who did enjoyed the course. Food was usually buffet for us, so I can't comment on the individual meals, but it was all delicious and fresh.

The atmosphere is upscale and staff are always waiting to serve. An excellent choice for meetings or relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Next time in Chicago we will probably stay someplace else.

We stayed the long Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed the holiday brunch buffet and our day at the spa, but were annoyed at some little things that detracted from a positive weekend.

The first annoyance was that it seemed the main restaurant was never open. We arrived on a Wednesday evening and it was closed and it was closed again for dinner on Friday and Saturday. There is a pub in the hotel that has a limited menu but frankly is a bit pricey. We ended up eating in the pub twice and the food was above average, but it was nearly twice the cost of eating someplace off of the hotel property.

Secondly it seemed that an 18% gratuity was added to just about everything. I start to steam when this is done and believe that when dining in the pub for instance, the staff, knowing their tip was built in, had no incentive to provide good service.

The final straw was the $13/day charge to access the internet. I guess when the bargan hotels are offering internet access at no charge, I have a big problem when a "resort" cannot do the same.

Between the automatic gratuity and the charge for internet, I felt like I was being nickled and dimed.

Our experience at the spa was very nice. The automatic gratuity there was expected as that seems a normal practice for spa services. We made reservations in advance and were glad that we did as they were booked solid the day that we were there.

The pool, hottub, game room, fitness room etc are all located in the same building as the spa which is some 150 meters across the parking lot from the hotel. In the winter months this means having to bundle up and then to deal with coat, boots, etc. while there, not to mention the cold return to the hotel.

The fitness room did contain a fair amount of equipment and though we did not use it it looked better than the average hotel fitness area.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rocklizzard
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Me and 10 of my married couple friends stayed at this resort over the weekend and had a grand time. I contacted the resort directly and they gave us a great group rate. The options that exist at this place is enormous. Pool tables, bowling, spa, swimming, the bar, etc., you wouldn't get bored for sure. They even have a place for the kids to hang out if the parents want to go and do some grown up things. There were several events going on at the same time and there were plenty staff available for help.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends