All reviews golf course bowling alley fire pit separate building north tower conference center minute massage steam room family reunion junior suite shuttle service breakfast buffet indoor pool business trip downtown chicago eddie weekend
Reviewed 4 March 2012

the foyer could have been the location for 'the shining'.....half expected to be run over by a kid on a trike....and the access to the 'room towers' via lift and long walkway was not particularly attractive. Great views across the golf course and the service in the downstairs restaurant was pretty good. Had laundry service which was abysmally late.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you; I am disappointed with the delay in returning your laundry and will share your comments with our vendor partner.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

The particular package I received as a gift was awesome. It consisted of a massage, lavender scrub & wrap, and a pedicure. The atmosphere within the spa is so relaxing and everyone I came in contact with was extremely pleasant. I thoroughly enjoyed my four hour experience, even more so because I did not have to pay for it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends, rest assured I will share your comments with the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service in the near future. Best regards.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We visited the Eaglewood Resort and Spa for our 14 year anniversary. From the beginning the trip we had a wonderful experience. We chose the Romance getaway package which has a 6PM check in time and we arrived at 5pm. When we arrived we were surprised that we were able to check in early and get settled into our room before 6pm.

That night for dinner we decided to go downstairs to the Prairie River Restaurant. The service that we received from our server Steven Zagel made the trip for us. Steven was very attentive to our every need, from his suggestions of entrees to his cocktail creations that he made for us. We were so impressed with the service that we received from Steven that we made it a point to come back to the restaurant the next day after we checked out of the resort.

While at the resort we visited the spa for an hour long swedish massage. The experience at the spa was very relaxing and is just what we needed.

We will definitely will be back in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, rest assured I will share them with Steven and the rest of the team. We appreciate the opportunity you gave us to be of service on this special occasion and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a nice time at the resort. Staff there was especially friendly and helpful. Especially after a mishap with red wine in our room. Housekeeping helped with the clean up and the room was as good as new! All the staff were outstanding.

We were celebrating our anniversary weekend, and they sent up chocolates and champange with a sweet card to help us celebrate. Yumm! Very appreciated and unexpected!

The room on the eight floor was nice, and overlooked the golf course for the nearby country club. The bed was very firm and no pillow selection. It was a walk across the parking lot for the pool and bowling ally, so everything had to be lugged over unless you are a sprinter. Would be fine in the summer.

The golf course was beautiful! There is not a lot to do in the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor in one of the towers with a golf course view. Otherwise you will be looking over the large parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future. Best regards

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is my 2nd time staying at Eaglewood. Got in on a good rate for the weekend and I guess I won't complain much about the "resort fees" charged especially for PARKING, which is absolutely absurd. This place has plenty of parking but I guess they make up for it because they give you free water in your rooms. The rooms were nice and roomy. I did go to the Prairie restaurant in the lower level. Steven and Christian were great. Food was good but nothing to shout about. This visit I didn't go to the spa or go to the pool area mainly because it is in a totally different building. The weather was chilly and it just didn't seem feasible to me to do venture off. For what we were going to do, and the rate we received for the weekend, it was a good overall deal.

Again, I just don't agree with the "resort fee" charged daily for JUST IN CASE you use the amenities LIKE PARKING. Plus -- there aren't other options for parking unless you park in someone's driveway because the facility is literally in a residential area.

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms which helped. We stayed on the main level of the resort.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Eaglewood. We appreciate hearing the positive as well as the areas in need of improvement. Your kind comments about Christian and Steven will be shared with them. I would like to address the “Amenity Fee” issue – in addition to parking the fee includes bottled waters, in-room internet access and use of the fitness center. Thank you again and we hope to be of service in the future.