“Stayed here with my daughters -- It was good but the "resort fee" is a crock!”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is my 2nd time staying at Eaglewood. Got in on a good rate for the weekend and I guess I won't complain much about the "resort fees" charged especially for PARKING, which is absolutely absurd. This place has plenty of parking but I guess they make up for it because they give you free water in your rooms. The rooms were nice and roomy. I did go to the Prairie restaurant in the lower level. Steven and Christian were great. Food was good but nothing to shout about. This visit I didn't go to the spa or go to the pool area mainly because it is in a totally different building. The weather was chilly and it just didn't seem feasible to me to do venture off. For what we were going to do, and the rate we received for the weekend, it was a good overall deal.

Again, I just don't agree with the "resort fee" charged daily for JUST IN CASE you use the amenities LIKE PARKING. Plus -- there aren't other options for parking unless you park in someone's driveway because the facility is literally in a residential area.

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms which helped. We stayed on the main level of the resort.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Eaglewood. We appreciate hearing the positive as well as the areas in need of improvement. Your kind comments about Christian and Steven will be shared with them. I would like to address the “Amenity Fee” issue – in addition to parking the fee includes bottled waters, in-room internet access and use of the fitness center. Thank you again and we hope to be of service in the future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We just completed our third retreat at eaglewood and cannot say enough about the staff, to a person, the clean rooms, the fabulous food, great tech support, beautiful scenery. This is our third year and I just wish we could have every meeting there. I strongly recommend this resort for any meetings or events. Not one thing to suggest for improvement!

Room Tip: All have nice views. Beds and linens are immaculate, rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience at Eaglewood Resort. Looking forward to year 4!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Once again the staff at Eaglewood made our Scrapbook Weekend event a success. Making sure all the women had their supplies at their tables, adjusting temperature, lights, wheelchairs, coffee, anything we needed. We are always grateful for their wonderful service. The room we were in was beautiful, the sleeping rooms very comfortable and cozy and the restaurant buffets yummy. Keep up the great work and we'll see you in April!! Thea W.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south tower are closer to the rooms we scrap in.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Eaglewood this past weekend, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your event and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best regards.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed at the Eaglewood while attending an event. The staff were all very helpful and polite. The room was beautiful, clean and very tastefully decorated. Very reasonable rates! Only downfall, beds were on the hard side.

Room Tip: Golf course view is very pretty- even with snow on the ground!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

NEW YEARS adult package 2012
- Manager from Eagle wood please not write to me. I do NOT need you to respond to my review since it does not change my experience and you still charge "resort" fees even after people give you bad reviews on it.
CONS:
- So I scheduled the new years package even though the people answering phone couldn't give me info on "is the bar an open bar or cash bar?"
- I never got a message that said that I needed to make a reservation for dinner so I called and had to call numerous times and left numerous messages before I got a call back. I was told that they would be better organized when I got there. Which ended up not being true.
- When we got to the hotel they never informed us of where the dinner was being held we had to ask people as we walked to the lobby
- the beds were really hard.
- The two guys that they got to sing were so BORING. OMG... I thought it would get more upbeat as it went but it didn't until they took a little break and put the radio or cd's on. Definitely not enough when I wanted to dance the year away.
PROS:
- The resort and our rooms were beautiful
- The food was really really good

CONCLUSION
- I will not be going back to Eagle wood (Indian lakes new years party is better).
Share your review

Room Tip: All the rooms on the main floor were loud and had kids screaming since the hotel also host a kids ne...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for your review; sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I will share your comments with our team and look to improve on next year’s event. Best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
4.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
3.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
1.8 km away
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
23.3 km away
The Herrington Inn & Spa

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK