“Local Sea Food”

Lucky Fish Highwood
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Highwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The North Shore's Premier destination for fresh seafood! Also, desserts, wines and craft beers. Open 7 days a week. ONCE UPON FAMILY'S NEWEST CATCH We only believe in serving the freshest seafood from all over the world. It's the closest thing to getting it fresh off the boat. FRESH SEAFOOD. DELIVERED DAILY. Featuring the freshest seafood and handcrafted cocktails around, our Highwood and Northbrook locations offer a fusion of New Orleans and East Coast flavors with a Mexican flair. FROM THE OCEANS TO THE NORTH SHORE Located on Restaurant Row in Highwood and on Shermer Road in Northbrook, we offer city-style, sophisticated, casual dining on Chicago's North Shore. Located in Highwood, IL
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Lucky Fish is a decent moderately priced seafood restaurant that offers a limited selection ofseafood. I had the fried Shrimp that was over-fried but tasty. The po'boys are a good value and tasty.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We had been looking forward to going to lucky fish for quite some time. Friends told us it was great. Here’s our review. Limited martinis. No lemon drop or Appletini Which is pretty basic. Their special martini, elderberry, was pretty good. We ordered the shrimp cocktail which was excellent and plenty for two. We ordered both the pan fried and grilled whitefish and everyone was disappointed. It was bitter. Now I’ve had a lot of whitefish and never had bitter before. It was probably the oil they used. So we will try one more time and order something else. I must say by the time we left, the place was very busy. Maybe the oil was just bad that night???

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasant atmosphere, accommodating waitstaff & appetizing entrees. Enjoyed our dinner with a nice glass of wine. Ample parking around the corner. weather permitting they have a large outside seating area.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Lucky Fish is one of our favorite places. We love the variety of choices on their menu. There is something for everyone. The service is so friendly, it is always a pleasure to dine here. I can't say enough about the food, atmosphere and service!! You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

You know how you can go to a restaurant and every morsel is memorable? Well, I can't say that about this restaurant. They do have a variety of seafood: clams, oysters, crab, lobster rolls, whitefish with a variety of preparations and sauces, desserts, soups, salads. However if you want crab or lobster, it often comes in a salad or a sandwich. Lobster mac n cheese too. What was missing? Crab legs, lobster tail, whole lobster, scallops, but it may depend on their availability and perhaps the restaurant wants to keep prices down. The most expensive item was $22 which I didn't think was bad. I had a delicious lobster roll. The Northbrook restaurant is housed in a former garage. It is a big open space with a nice bar and a patio in the back for outdoor dining. Would I go back? Sure. People were standing outside waiting to go in so perhaps if I tried a few more things on the menu I might have a better opinion but for now I'll say it's good. I wouldn't ding a restaurant for being just "good." It's good. What's wrong with that? Try it; you may like it.