29 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$ 344
Orbitz.comUS$ 344
Official HotelUS$ 644
CheapTicketsUS$ 344
Booking.comUS$ 344
eDreamsUS$ 344
3,477 results
All reviews water bungalow our waiter cocktail bar fish all inclusive package glass floor dive point room boy special thanks standard room beautiful island main bar our honeymoon nurse sharks water sports small island island hopping
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed at the Rannalhi late December and saw in the New Year there. We left the UK with a bit of trepidation having read some less than flattering reviews, poor staff, poor food etc. Happily we found non of this to be the case. Yes it is a small island, look at the area as you fly in, they are all small and I think that is the appeal. We could stroll round the island in about 30 mins, be aware shoes are a waste on the island as every where is sand, only the rooms and dining area are tiled. We took off our shoes when we booked in and put them back on when we came home, they were not needed at all.
We found all the staff to be very pleasant, in fact most of them got to know me on my early morning walks round the island and would strike up a conversation when ever our paths crossed. The dining experience we found to be very satisfactory, the food was plenty and varied, no we did not like all that was offered but that is our tastes not the food. This experience was enhanced by our waiter who was very attentive and helpful, big thank you Habeeb you were great. When you first visit the restaurant you are shown to a table and introduced to a waiter and you keep these for your stay, good idea we felt.
The snorkeling was fantastic, the water clear, once you got away from the shore, and was as warm as a bath. We saw some fantastic fish even just wading out in the water but once you get out a bit the variety and colours are amazing. For a treat in the evening, after your evening meal have a walk round to the service jetty, there are lights on the end and if you have food to throw in
you will see an amazing sight. While we were there we went most nights and saw some nurse sharks, these are a large sand coloured fish and grow up to about 3 metres long, there were sometimes as many as 15 swimming around not much more than a metre under your feet.
The icing on our particular cake was the new years party on the beach, this like all the rest of our stay was done in an informal fashion, just as we wanted. The only down side to our stay was the prices if not on the all inclusive, but this I am told is the Maldives and not just the Rannalhi.
From our point of view the only way you could not enjoy this resort is if you were expecting 5 star, the place is simple the service we found great and the staff helpful, the rooms spacious and clean.
Go on book and enjoy your break, we did. For us paradise found!!!!!

12  Thank Les C
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed at this beautiful island for 5 nights and although it rained mostly, had the most chilled break in stunning surroundings. When we arrived we stayed one night in a beach bungalow and then asked to upgrade to a water villa, which was well worth it...waking up to that view every morning was amazing. Snorkelling is of course a must and being able to just climb off your decking was great.
The island caters mostly to Italian tourists and we may have been the only English folks there, so obviously the entertainment staff were all Italian, but they were very friendly and we even enjoyed their shows at night...even though we understood very little of what they were saying, we got the basic idea and they were quite funny. There was also a disco on the beach and a cocktail bar which excluded from the all-inclusive, but is worth a look.
The food was superb, everything very hot and very tasty.
The island itself takes about 10 to 15 minutes to walk around, but as you can expect is so beautiful and idyllic. We had a slight mix up with our all inclusive, but this was sorted after the manager let me ring my agent to correct this.
If you want to completely get away from everything, this is your place.

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank NorthEastStar
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed here for the Christmas week. Package was a last minute deal and couldn't have been more perfect! We traveled with our 3 year old daughter and I can't repeat how impressed I was. After reading some questionable reviews, I have to say, they are ALL WRONG! This place is simple, the service excellent, the food selection great and the location, well as I've stated in the Title: PARADISE. This place is a bargain and will certainly recommend it.

Room tip: The beach villas are perfectly located and most suitable for families.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank trinihoney
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've stayed here as part of the SRILANKA & MALDIVES package in october 12. We've spent 4 nights on the island and despite rough waters upon arrival and quite late check-in (11 PM), dinner was waiting for us.
Regardless of what you might read, food in Rannalhi is very good. Selection is wide and it caters for all sorts of tastes. It shows it used to be an italian club resort, so you can have 2-3 selections of pasta along with other food every night.
ALL-INCLUSIVE option is good, service is above standard (for Maldives) and I especially recommend the beach bar that has different programme every night. During our stay the 80s night was a special hit, that kept us dancing until midnight. As Rannalhi is still primarily meant as a couples & families resort, the programme usually finishes around midnight.
BEACH: best near to the main restaurant, wide with coral reef near, reat for snorkeling. However, around the island you can find nice spots for swimming.
ROOMS: very spacious, with all the basic amenities and good selections of TV channels, along with a few movie channels.
SPA: tested the chinese massage and I found a good price/performance ratio, so I recommend it. It was booked-out for a few days ahead, so I suggest you book your treatment upon arrival on the next day.
DAYTRIPS: my theory is: when in Maldives, don't bother with daytrips, just enjoy your stay. But if you're really tempted, take the morning fishing trip, as you could catch your dinner and for a supplement the guys could prepare it for your in the evening.
SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS: not many. The guys at the reception told me that wi-fi is coming in a few months, so with that sorted, this resort will be a real bargain for what it offers.

Will definitely come again.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
14  Thank matewwwa
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I had booked the water villa for 3 nights for me and my boyfriend and got confirmed from the hotel. But on check-in (9.30am), the staffs told that our room is not ready yet so we can sleep and shower in the beach standard room waiting until our room is finished. But when I asked them that it's time to move to our room. We were told they had overbooked and will upgrading to another hotel (Vadoo) on the next day and we had to stay one night here in a standard room. And then they told us again that they can't upgrade us and not promise that we will have the water villa room tomorrow. We're so angry but finally, we got what we reserved.

When we checked out we paid for mini bar (cocoa cookie $5). I only have a $10 note and the front reception said he didn't have change and keep it all.

Anyways, the food is okay. The island is small but beautiful view and good for snorkeling

5  Thank Pattra S