“If you like meat......”

Ranked #19 of 147 Restaurants in Gurnee
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Has been in Gurnee for at least 20 years.
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very busy place for good reason. We were able to get reservations for 8 people on Saturday night and the hard part was finding a place to park even though the lot is big. After that everything got better. We were seated right away and the service was great. They got our orders for drinks and food right the first time. As the name implies they really know how to make steak. If you ask for medium that is what you get. The Ribeye is particularly good. You can also get good chicken and fish. All the food from salad to entre were fresh and well prepared. We will go there again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner for the very first time.My husband had the chop steak and the cheesy mashed potatoes which he said were good , I had the prime rib sandwich that was put under the salamander to melt the cheese and was extremely dry, also the prime rib and au jus had absolutely no taste at all. On the bright side the mashed potatoes were good. Not sure if we will go back. I read it it average because my husband’s food was good and it offset mind being terrible

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

A throwback joint, “where everybody knows your name.” Good food. Nice cocktail pours. Open pit charcoal cooking. Great overall vibe.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

A nice restaurant to get a great meal. I had the fried shrimp with the garlic mashed potatoes. A very generous serving. Large shrimp. Red skin potatos mashed. Very flavorful. I would definitely visit again. Nice staff! Moderately priced.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Group of 9; great service, great steaks and great ambiance. My first time to the steak pit and it did not disappoint. It’s a little pricey but the size of the entree was significant. You get what you pay for!