“Don't do it”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I have never had such bad tasting crab. Obviously your not going to get costal quality in Gurnee Mill but they sure advertise it is. I knew better than to hit a chain but it did sound good. The only thing positive was our server. She did a great job. Another miss was the empty parking lot when I arrived at 6:00 pm. That should have been my sign.

Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This was our first time eating at Joes Crab Shack. The restaurant smelled like a bait shop, which I understand it's a sea food restaurant. It was just a little overwhelming when you first walked in. The good was excellent. The table ordered shrimp skewers, alfredo, gumbo, and calamari. The service was ok- a little slow and not the most attentive. It was enough that I didn't give Joes a 5-star rating.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Our group was looking forwards to a good seafood meal, and while the food was good, it took a long time to get it! A 2.5 hour meal at a chain restaurant is ridiculous, and we kept asking our server to correct mistakes in our orders. It was not unusually busy, but there were several tables with large groups, so perhaps our server was just overwhelmed. A party of 8 which was seated a half-hour after we were got their meal, and check, well before us. I won't go here again.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Good was great but waiter was to slow , but would try again . Waiter did not seem happy about waiting tables and wanted to do something special for my son but he forgot.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 4:45 on Sunday, May 14 and were told that the wait for a table for 3 would be 45-60 minutes. We decided to wait in the car, to avoid the huge crowd of people in the lobby. After 35 minutes, my spouse went inside to check the status. Seven names ahead of us on the list still.

As my spouse waited in the lobby for an additional 40 minutes, he witnessed 7 tables sitting open. No one was seated during that additional 40 minutes of wait time. Same 7 names on the list when he left.

All the staff members were walking around super slow, without a care in the world...except for one server (who probably weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet...she was running around and doing more than her share of work to satisfy customers).

The hostess stated a few times that they are "waiting for the kitchen to catch up". Hostess also stepped away from the front desk several times. A few times to ring out customers. My spouse witnessed a customer later ask why the hostess was ringing out customers. The hostess replied to the customer: "don't tell me how to do my job". Said customer then asked to speak with a manager. Good for her! I hope the manager did something to address the hostesses horrible behavior and skill set. (Spoiler alert...he was hopeless)

In addition, the hostess doesn't know how to spell a SIMPLE name ("John" was instead written "JHON", for not only my spouse, but also the next guy named John who asked for a table. And speaking of the wait list, when the hostess was two feet away from the desk (ringing out a customer) yet another customer approached the desk to check in. The hostess told that customer to "write your name on the wait list". Customer said "that's not my job...it's yours!"

The manager did eventually come out, but his response was ridiculous. His explanation for the long wait was that they are "busy". I beg to differ. There were many open tables...more people WAITING than dining. Not busy....POORLY MANAGED is a more adequate explanation.

So, instead of a nice dinner to celebrate Mother's Day, we are currently driving to the grocery store as I type this review. We are getting frozen pizzas and ice cream. Happy Mother's Day to me! Thanks Joe's Crab Shack for the cruddy experience. Will never go back here.

If you've read this far, and if my review was helpful, pls at least help me get some satisfaction out of this disaster. Please consider marking my review as "helpful". It'll put a smile on my face. That's more than what Joe's did!

3  Thank MKEPanther4