“All you can eat lunch”

Toshi Sushi & Grill
Ranked #49 of 147 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

All you can eat made to order, no buffet so food was freshly prepared! Tasty, good choices, full recommendation!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We visit yesterday Sushi Toshi, the services was very slow. I receive my food first, but my wife got her food almost 20 min later. The attention bad and the food was poor.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Tasty sushi and plenty of cooked food as well. Avocado salad, Chicago Roll, Mountain Roll. Gurnee Roll, all yummy.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here on a number of occassions and have loved it! Today is no exception. They have either a menu or all-you-can eat sheet to pick stuff from. If you do the latter, you pick what you want from a list and within minutes you have your food brought to you. You can pick from about 60 items that include Nigiri Sushi selections and Maki (roll) selections. The shrimp and chicken tempura are absolutely delicious. Lunch is $16/per and dinner is $21/per. Simply decorated but nice atmosphere and food is nicely presented. A little pricey but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I could see this restaurant and its all-u-can-eat sushi window sign from my hotel, so despite some of the mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to give it a try for lunch on a Friday. There was a full menu to choose from, but opted for the sushi since you could order the pieces/items you wanted prepared fresh, directly from the sushi check-off menu. That menu included selections for salad, miso, yakitori, etc., in addition the a wide variety of sushi and rolls. It appeared to be a great lunch value for $15.95.
However, when the miso arrived it was warm (not hot) and watery--probably made from an instant mix and too much water. The salad was plain chopped iceberg lettuce with a half slice tomato and was swamped in their (not so good) Japanese-style dressing. I tried at least a dozen different types of sushi (note: you get one piece, not two, for each item you order). None were prepared with any wasabi under the fish (or on the rice) the way a proper sushi chef would, so I had to mix some into my soy sauce and dab bits onto the top of the fish to get any wasabi kick. Most of the fish pieces were the smallest and thinnest I've seen served on top of a normal sized sushi-rice bottom, but what made it even worse was the rice was WARM, and some of the fish options (the maguro, in particular) seemed dried out like they'd been sitting in the cooler uncovered for too long. Not good for sushi!
Service was prompt, but I would expect that because for most of my late lunch I was the only person there.
Bottom line is if you aren't too particular about how your sushi is prepared, you can make a good deal out of this restaurant, but it's not one I'd return to.