“"Where's the beef?"”

Toshi Sushi & Grill
Ranked #50 of 151 Restaurants in Gurnee
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I used to go in here all the time. No more! The last time I went, my companion ordered beef fried rice. We complained to the server and manager that there was hardly any beef in the "beef fried rice." A speck here and there but not enough to make it really beef fried rice. Instead of taking care of our complaint, they insisted that's how they make it. I was very embarrassed over the restaurant's position and
will not go back there.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Unlike other reviewers I have not noticed a change in quality in the 3 years I've been eating here. Granted I strictly come for lunch as the $14.95 ($19.95 for dinner) all you can that eat keeps me and my friends happy, healthy and full. There may be better places, and I would certainly agree that top shelf places abound in north lake county but I come back for the value at a respectable quality.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

It was a great place for sushi and grilled appetizers. The scallops were super fresh and sweet! They have a wide variety of food from raw to rolls to grilled.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

My daughter and I was so excited to have another Japanese restaurant in the area - but this place was a joke. Service was bad, sushi was WARM - red flag folks. I would recommend Jewel or Mariano's sushi over this one. Sorry.

1  Thank CHILR
Reviewed 7 November 2015

let me start by saying my wife and I have been customers for about a year dining here at least twice a month.food was always fresh and service ok,
the owner changed his way of doing business and started cutting back on the fish pieces and loading up on the rice.
he has also cut back on wait staff so the service has really gone down hill.
we were there last week and this will be the last time!!
too bad he didn't use a little common sense and raise the price a buck or two and keep the same size fish pieces and not stuff you with all the extra rice.