All reviewsbisonnew carpetingwalk in showereasy chairplace to staysized bedbathroom doorstayed here for nightsdesk clerkmini fridgebeds were comfortablelouissleepmotelcurtainsmattressesearplugs
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Families: If you have young children, this may not be the hotel for you. My room didn't have a bathtub. I had to take my 4 year old in the shower with me, and let's just say he was very unhappy about that. There weren't any of the pre-school TV networks available on the TV either. The channel guide said they had Nick Jr., but it was Teen Nick. After driving for 5 hours, I was hoping to get the child cleaned up and relaxed so I could relax too; that was not happening. Additionally, the room had an unpleasant odor of unknown origin, and the hallway had an unpleasant urine-like scent.

Room Tip: Not a great hotel for people with little kids!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GMIl329, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Please accept my apologies for your concerns.We have rooms available with both tubs and walk-in showers.Just inform the front desk and we could have given you a different room with tub if available.Please accept our apologies for the limited channel options nm. I would like to I nform you that we have sprout and pbs for kids.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is located in a rural area. We had a room with a view of buffalo, which was novel to us city folk! There was a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we checked in. We were unable to get quarters from the front desk to use their laundry facility. Had to hand wash a blouse in the bathroom sink. The next day, our room wasn't serviced because housekeeping was short on clean towels. Had to go to the front desk that evening for clean towels, and the bed was never made. Otherwise, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast had a choice of hot and cold items, but wasn't anything special. Front desk staff responses were lukewarm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TeacupGirl
GMIl329, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We appreciate your positive comments & apologize for your concerns. We have resolved those issues & retrained our staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks relatively new, or at least remodeled recently. However there are things that need attention. The hot tub is "permanently closed" (due to new State laws about the drain) & it's nasty. The pool was fine but the whole pool area was rusty. The rooms are clean & comfortable. The king room even has a walk-in shower w/ great water pressure. Breakfast was good too. One end of the third floor smelled like cigarette smoke tho. Overall I will stay here again next weekend but was disappointed in the pool area.

Stayed: May 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. I apologies for the little concerns you hard. We have surely addressed those issues. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Property CHI
GM
COMFORTINN &SUITES

Reviewed 12 February 2014

It is not unusual to see a sign on the front desk that the pool is closed when traveling in the winter time so we didn't think much about it. Except this pool was closed by the Illinois Dept. of Health. Made me wonder about the rest of the hotel. Our king room (132) was clean with a mini fridge, microwave, and the bed comfortable. We really liked the walk-in shower, that was very nice. When we woke in the morning and opened the curtains bison were standing in the field. Our stay was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cecil P
GMIl329, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the closed pool. We are glad to inform you that the problem has been resolved & the pool is open now. We had equipment parts issue & had to wait for the order & installation. As the pool was not functioning properly, it was important for us to keep it closed for the safety & security of all guests.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I often choose this chain because the standard is usually good. This hotel is not up to the usual standard. The welcome is basic - not the usual comfortable lounge area with some cookies or fruit when you arrive.
Dinner options are limited. You can drive over the highway for regular fare. There is one (Mexican) restaurant within walking distance of the hotel (just), but it is not great - very friendly staff but mediocre food.
The road noise was disturbing during the night. The curtains did not even come close to blocking the light from the lamps in the parking area. Breakfast was also disappointing, unless you really want biscuits and gravy, or scrambled eggs. The fruit was not attractive and the bread/bagels were "fresh" from the fridge. At least I was not tempted to linger.
I stayed here because I didn't know the area so I thought I'd play it safe. Even if you normally trust Comfort Inn and Suites, you might want to consider other options in this town.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo