“Disgusting”

Hillside Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 67 Restaurants in Grayslake
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Went there for dinner. Maybe breakfast is better. How does this place stick around? The food is terrible, but it always has customers. Waitress was rude and abrupt. Food was dry and tasteless.

1  Thank Ted L

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped in to have breakfast. This place is another fine breakfast restaurant in Grayslake. The food is always good. Lots of choices on the menu and everything is good.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

I have been here for breakfast & supper or dinner, whatever you prefer. Breakfast is as good as any other good restaurant. For supper I ordered the Broasted chicken & it is very good. I have not heard anyone complain about their meal.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

My husband and I decided to have dinner here on a Sunday afternoon. We heard from people that said the food was wonderful so we wanted to give the place a try since we live 5 minutes from the restaurant. We started with a cream soup that was like a thick cup of mush, my spoon literally stuck straight up in the cup. I ordered an open face turkey sandwich and it was cold and had an aftertaste! It was awful so I sent it back and ordered another dinner that was equally as bad. My husbands meal was also in eatable! We decided not to bother ordering anything else, paid and left. We haven't been back and will never eat there again! I'm having a difficult time reading these glowing reports as to how great this place is!

1  Thank Cmaggio
Reviewed 15 April 2015

The food here was plentiful but was not spectacular. It seemed run down and the service left something to be desired. Its okay for a large meal when you have no where else to be but the Triangle just down the street has better food at a better price.