Tara Point Inn and Cottages
US$ 87
US$ 75
SleepInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 86/night.

US$ 75
Holiday Inn Express Hotel St Charles(Saint Charles)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 92
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 119/night.

US$ 49
US$ 87
US$ 71
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

All reviewsrocking chairsshuffleboard tableriverside roomcontinental breakfast basketbluff overlookingthought of everythingdelta queenfull size fridgelate arrivalmosquito spraynext morningalarm clockfresh fruittwo nightsking bedsitting areafree internet
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just spent a quick one night stay at Tara Point in a cottage for an anniversary getaway. It was delightful to say the least. The cottage was very nicely decorated, loved the porch overlooking the fantastic view, very spacious bedroom and bathroom (also everything was clean up to my standards, which are quite high). The surroundings are amazingly peaceful - impossible not to relax in this environment.

The reason I did not give this a perfect rating was two-fold: 1) the bed was probably one of the most uncomfortable I've slept in - definitely time for an update on the mattress, and 2) even though this is a nice getaway it would have been nice if the tv had been more modern and viewable in the bedroom. Plus the main movie selection was VCR tapes. Kind of outdated and didn't meet the standards of the rest of the cottage.

However, having said the negatives, you will not regret staying at Tara Point. I thought it was a very good value for what we got. We definitely would return but probably would request a room with a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gltravelerIl
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Tara Point is very peaceful. The view was incredible!!! Here is the good: Big comfy bed, nice bathroom with whirlpool tub, very close to all Grafton's fun. Some of the not-so-good: The breakfast was a bit of a dissappointment, our housecleaner didn't leave a liner for the bathroom, the staff didn't seem overly friendly, there could be some improvement on the decor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzanne1978
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I celebrated my birthday at Tara point with 2 of my girlfriends. We stayed in one of the spaciouse and beautiful cabins with a view that would knock your socks off. We started our day with a tour by Allison in the main house. Allison was delightful. As she showed us around we laughed and got some great information on what to do while we were there. I felt like we were staying at an old friends house with all the comforts and warm hospitality when someone makes you feel at home.
We enjoyed the fresh basket of goodies waiting for us in our cabin and loved how beautifully it was decorated. Beds were comfortable and place was very neat and clean.
We went to Loading Dock for some music and good food and did some great shopping the next day before heading home.
Then only bad thing about the trip was we had to leave Tara point.. We all agreed it is a place we will come back to again and again...
It was a perfect birthday.. Thank you Allison and Mark.

Room Tip: Cabin or main house. You can't go wrong with either.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank happytraveler818
Reviewed 20 August 2012

After many years of hearing about Tara Point, I finally got an opportunity to experience it and wow, it was absolutely fantastic! My girlfriends and I stayed in a private cabin which was clean, fresh and comfortable with a view to knock your socks off! We enjoyed the deck and spent our evening and morning out there chatting and sipping our drinks. The staff was very personable and attentive to our needs. We loved nibbling on the breakfast basket selections left in our room from the Ladue Market and really appreciated the bucket of ice waiting for us in the freezer, as well as the complimentary drinks! I plan to return to Tara Point soon with my hubby to take advantage of this romantic and secluded Bed & Breakfast! Obviously, I highly recommend Tara Point!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PatH2872
Reviewed 16 August 2012

after many visit to Tara Point, i took my grown children and there family in august to enjoy what they have only heard me talk about. we had 2 cottages and a great view and quality time. Alison gave the family a tour of the house and the history of her parents and Tara Point. we went into the town had great time at many locations, The Loading Dock, had a live Band. Went Shopping. The Best Quality Time and relaxing. Thank you to laura for making it all easy. And to Alison and Sarah you have made your parents proud.
Tilll we meet again.
charlotte

Room Tip: all cottages are accessible and of course staying at the house is a treat.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family