“Great food & Chef!”
Review of Fish on Fire

Fish on Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish on Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 169 Restaurants in Glenview
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

The food was delicious. Pricey- but delicious. A chicken hibachi will run you $20.
The waitress shouldn't have been on the floor, as she was clearly in training mode. Kids asked for a Shirley Temple and chocolate milk- she said they don't serve that. I asked if she had sprite & grenadine- she said yes. So mix the 2. Do you have milk and chocolate syrup? Yes. Mix the 2.
When asked for another round of drinks, she said ok and disappeared- never to be seen again.
The chef was friendly and his talent cooking was great.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Great meal had by all. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection! Maybe a bit pricey but, well worth it. The best Golden Shrimp in the area. Very inviting and comfortable seating. We will be going back.

Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went there on a Saturday afternoon. It was rather empty with only 12ish people seated on the left side. We both ordered rolls and had tea. The rolls were generous but varied in quality. The Philly was well balanced, one of the best I've had. The 911 was very nice but not all that spicy. The ACA was good as was the sweet potato roll. The tempura shrimp roll was missing something and not very good.

The atmosphere is a relaxed blend of traditional and modern. The music was trendy. It has a young relaxed vibe.

I would go back. I like supporting family owned businesses.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

My wife and I tried this place out on Valentine's Day. The service was slow, I noticed numerous tables waiting extended time for staff to visit their tables. I overheard one staff member say something about being understaffed, but it appeared the staff their wasn't in any hurry to do much. My wife had shrimp and steak which she said it was a bit lukewarm. I had sushi, which seemed fine. I noticed at least one table (of 6) get up and leave after not being approached after some time.They either need to hire more people (especially on Valentine's day) or cut back on how many tables they can serve.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

After we were seated, we waited two hours for our food. (We spoke with the manager at the hour mark and that didn't help.)
Our edamame, and a cold appetizer took an hour. (We should have known there was a problem when our table wasn't ready within a half an hour of our reservation.) One person ordered a second beer. It sat on the bar for 45 minutes before it was brought over - warm.

The manager and hostess didn't apologize - just said the kitchen was backed up. The kitchen needs to be able to handle a full restaurant on a Saturday night. We were there at a peak hour 7 p.m. on a Saturday.

We had high hopes, but the sushi was mediocre at best. The chicken teriyaki was cold and dry. The best thing I ate was the fried rice. It was at least hot and had some flavor.

On top of everything else, we had told the manager about a food allergy when we booked the reservation. He said no problem. "We take allergies very seriously". Not so much.

When ordering we told the server about the allergy and we were assured that none of the allergen would be in her food. Nonetheless, our server served a meal to this person with the allergen in it and it was buried so it was not seen until this person had already been exposed to the allergen.

Clearly, our server was awful and very inattentive. We complained to the manager. He did nothing to accommodate us other than remove the one meal from our bill. It clearly couldn't be eaten and wasn't what she ordered. It should have been removed.

Of the seven people in our party, only one person said they had a good meal.

We won't be back. Dont waste your time or your money. It isn't worth it.