“All-you-can-eat sushi”
Review of Hokkai Sushi

Hokkai Sushi
Ranked #25 of 101 Restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Description: We have a wonderful sushi bar, carry out and love to do corporate catering. We also serve sake, wine and beer and the best Japanese food you can get. All orders are made fresh when you order or get take out. Stop by and enjoy some Asian while you sip on some champagne during happy hour. See you soon!
Reviewed 10 August 2016

The sushi at this place is plentiful, delicious and inexpensive. The place is often packed, so service can be a little slow, but relax, because eventually you'll get all the sushi you can eat. Don't order too much, though, because they say they'll charge you for any you don't eat. I've never had that problem.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

WOW, What a great place, found it on the internet last nite, we had a taste for Sushi and am I glad we went. Very simple clean lines, decorated nicely and really enjoyed the food. It is $21 a person, all you can eat sushi, price is comparable to other Sushi Bars we have been too, I found it to be very fresh tasting, started with Miso Soup, followed by the house salad - very crisp and cold with seaweed topped dressing. We both ordered different rolls and some of the listed Sushi pieces. We topped it off with a bottle of Sake, smooth and nice tasting. A very nice evening and will be returning!!
Staff was very nice to us, a bit of a language hangup - seems they didn't always understand what was being said so we did repeat it a couple of times. Other than that it was a very good dining experience!!

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

I just love this place. It is located in a strip mall and hard to see from the street. It is well worth the trip. The sushi is fresh and large pieces. They have some amazing rolls. The service is very friendly. The menu has a lot of choices. This is a must try.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

This place has a nice atmosphere and good food! I have found we get better Asian food (Thai, Japanese, etc) on the east coast where I'm from, but this restaurant was the best Japanese food we've come across in the area by far!
I actually liked their Yaki Udon more than almost any other place I've had it before, because there were so many really fresh vegetables, and the chicken was perfectly seasoned and cooked.
The fried rice wasnt what I was used to, but it was still really tasty and had the same perfectly cooked chicken as the noodle dish.
I would definitely recommend this place for both Sushi Eaters and for people who enjoy Japanese but not sushi.
The menu is pretty small (excluding the sushi portion, that part is sizable) so it might not work for a terribly picky eater.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

We recently moved to the area and we've been looking for a good Japanese restaurant so we decided to try Hokkai. We were very pleasantly surprised! I had the Yaki Udon and my sister had the shrimp tempura roll. Both were very delicious. Most of the menu is sushi, so if you're not a sushi fan, there aren't a ton of options, but there are a few. The one I had (Yaki Udon) is a delicious noodle dish with lots of veggies and meat of your choice. Definitely recommend trying Hokkai if you're looking for Japanese in the area.